2 replies to this topic

#1 johnay

johnay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 09:05 AM

I have the option to do this on order entry cleared, but it does it when I do the pick lists.
Any way to have it not do this at all?

With yard goods inventory is fuzzy (sometimes literally) so we often will have a few inches (or more) more or less than MOM thinks we do. It's getting really annoying having to delete the BO lines in addition to adjusting the amounts on the Pl lines. Having to figure out what's what on large orders also slows us down.

Thanks for any insight into this!

#2 dseibold

dseibold

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 01:02 PM

The only solution I can suggest is before you process a batch or print the pick lists, click on the order status report, select line items, select Partial Back order.
Then correct whatever problems are listed there. Then continue with your printing or processing.
David Seibold
Wild Horses, Inc.
Operations Manager

#3 planetdj

planetdj

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 05:19 PM

I have the option to do this on order entry cleared, but it does it when I do the pick lists.
Any way to have it not do this at all?

With yard goods inventory is fuzzy (sometimes literally) so we often will have a few inches (or more) more or less than MOM thinks we do. It's getting really annoying having to delete the BO lines in addition to adjusting the amounts on the Pl lines. Having to figure out what's what on large orders also slows us down.

Thanks for any insight into this!

Hi Johnay,

Two things at work here.

It sounds like you have the option turned OFF for splitting In Stock and Back Ordered items into two separate line items on the order. But these will always be split once you run the order through stages.
You probably Shipped-Ahead the order (or have the setting turned on to ALWAYS ship ahead the order)

Once you do this, the pick ticket HAS to tell the Picker how many to pick now! The remaining units would then go on BackOrder.

Does that help explain things a little?
Chris Whybrew
PLANET DJ, INC
www.planetdj.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users