• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Jenn

Jenn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 December 2008 - 01:13 PM

I am very new to M.O.M. I just started working with it about a week and half ago. The company I work at uses MOM in conjunction with AbleCommerce. They have the List Management Module & Telemarketing Module. We currently do not have any of the report writers (which I am thinking we are going to need because the M.O.M. reports just don't cut it. I am also new to SQL, but I am interested in using the SQL capabilities with the MOM XL (5.4) that we have.

We've got quite a few issues with M.O.M. that began with nobody being trained on the system, and nobody being trained on how to enter data into the system. Data cleaning I can handle, I figured that out, but I need help with the report writing part. I'd also be interested in any information anyone has to offer on accessing tables in MOM directly, or being able to see a list of the tables, and the information they contain.

I am trying to be patient with M.O.M. but I've got to tell you it is hard! It seems like there are many short-comings with this program.

Thanks!

#2 notehead

notehead

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 02:10 PM

I am very new to M.O.M. I just started working with it about a week and half ago. The company I work at uses MOM in conjunction with AbleCommerce. They have the List Management Module & Telemarketing Module. We currently do not have any of the report writers (which I am thinking we are going to need because the M.O.M. reports just don't cut it. I am also new to SQL, but I am interested in using the SQL capabilities with the MOM XL (5.4) that we have.

We've got quite a few issues with M.O.M. that began with nobody being trained on the system, and nobody being trained on how to enter data into the system. Data cleaning I can handle, I figured that out, but I need help with the report writing part. I'd also be interested in any information anyone has to offer on accessing tables in MOM directly, or being able to see a list of the tables, and the information they contain.

I am trying to be patient with M.O.M. but I've got to tell you it is hard! It seems like there are many short-comings with this program.

Thanks!

I am happy to share what I know which is extensive. I've been on MOM for 10 years and rarely use the MOM interface to access anything. I used MS access when we were on FOXPRO and now use management studio now that we're on sql.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users