Photo

A Doozy - Duplicate Invoice letter and non reported totals.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 miah28

miah28

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 October 2008 - 07:59 AM

MOM 5.4 seems to have duplicated an invoice letter and screwed up our accounting departments reports. Has anyone had any experience with this kind of problem?

The facts as I understand are this...
* An order was created and processed.
* The order had some items added to it after the initial process and possibly were shipped ahead due to a back order status.
* A transaction ID was correctly assigned to each process on each step.
* Instead of adding a NEW invoice for the sub transactions MOM duplicated invoices C and instead of creating a new invoice D and later created a an invoice D for another transaction. so the report shows this

Transaction ID Invoice Amount
111**** "A" $15189.78
111**** "B" $28290.50
112**** "C" $3674.85
112**** "C" $256.75
112**** "D" $1497.98

* The first assignment of invoice C is NOT showing up on the sales listing reports or the accounts receivable aging report and the financials are NOT showing that this customer doesn�t owe the $3674.85.

So the question is 2 fold. 1. Has anyone ever seen MOM duplicate invoice numbers and if is there any way to fix this? and 2. If no one has seen the duplicates before does anyone have any ideas on how to correct this for this order itself?

Here is what I have done so far.
I have re-indexed all files.
I have deleted the .cdx files and let MOM rebuild them.

Thanks for any help in this matter.

Jeremiah Davis

#2 planetdj

planetdj

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 21 October 2008 - 05:46 AM

MOM 5.4 seems to have duplicated an invoice letter and screwed up our accounting departments reports. Has anyone had any experience with this kind of problem?

The facts as I understand are this...
* An order was created and processed.
* The order had some items added to it after the initial process and possibly were shipped ahead due to a back order status.
* A transaction ID was correctly assigned to each process on each step.
* Instead of adding a NEW invoice for the sub transactions MOM duplicated invoices C and instead of creating a new invoice D and later created a an invoice D for another transaction. so the report shows this

Transaction ID Invoice Amount
111**** "A" $15189.78
111**** "B" $28290.50
112**** "C" $3674.85
112**** "C" $256.75
112**** "D" $1497.98

* The first assignment of invoice C is NOT showing up on the sales listing reports or the accounts receivable aging report and the financials are NOT showing that this customer doesn�t owe the $3674.85.

So the question is 2 fold. 1. Has anyone ever seen MOM duplicate invoice numbers and if is there any way to fix this? and 2. If no one has seen the duplicates before does anyone have any ideas on how to correct this for this order itself?

Here is what I have done so far.
I have re-indexed all files.
I have deleted the .cdx files and let MOM rebuild them.

Thanks for any help in this matter.

Jeremiah Davis

Well, I would try this on a backup copy of MOM to see what results you get: Using DBUWIN, change A,B,C,C,D to A,B,C,D,E

Be careful!
Chris Whybrew
PLANET DJ, INC
www.planetdj.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users