#1 workuseonly04

workuseonly04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 12:28 PM

Hello,

This may not be a SiteLINK issue; though we currently use the SiteLINK Toolkit which is no longer released or supported by Dydacomp.

Here is our problem. Every page on our website displays the same title bar. This doesn't help with web searching. It would be nice if with each item/product page on our site; the title bar will automatically change, displaying the name of the item.

Was wondering if someone could take a look at the code on our site and perhaps suggest how we can change this. Our main page is fine; when searching for "unique gifts", we're #1 on Google.

Can anyone suggest what change we can make to the coding so that the title bar automatically changes to display the name of the item being shown or the department they are currently browsing in?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Kevin
http://www.hedonics.com

#2 planetdj

planetdj

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 22 May 2008 - 06:45 AM

Hello,

This may not be a SiteLINK issue; though we currently use the SiteLINK Toolkit which is no longer released or supported by Dydacomp.

Here is our problem. Every page on our website displays the same title bar. This doesn't help with web searching. It would be nice if with each item/product page on our site; the title bar will automatically change, displaying the name of the item.

Was wondering if someone could take a look at the code on our site and perhaps suggest how we can change this. Our main page is fine; when searching for "unique gifts", we're #1 on Google.

Can anyone suggest what change we can make to the coding so that the title bar automatically changes to display the name of the item being shown or the department they are currently browsing in?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Kevin

Hello Kevin,

I use SiteLink ONLY to get my data out of MOM. I do not host on a SiteLink server.

First, is there possibly already a setting located within your SiteLink Admin area (not in MOM, but in the SiteLink Toolkit Admin) that allows you to change the <TITLE> tag to use another database field?

If there is no setting and it is instead a code issue within the actual template files, if you send me a copy of the following files, I may be able to tweak them so that it accomplishes what you want:

/store/products.asp -- You probably want this template to list the department information in the Title.
/store/prodinfo.asp -- You probably want this template to list the product title in the Title.

I don't code is .ASP, but finding what to look for shouldn't be too hard in this case since all we're talking about is a <TITLE> tag and I know the names of the fields within MOM's databases. Changing these two templates will change nearly all of your pages to unique titles. You can then manually change the "fixed" pages such as About Us, Contact Us, etc. Ideally, all of your pages should be changed because when a search engine crawls a site and sees the same Title duplicated, each page is not "seen" as unique, and that is really what you want for higher ranking.

This would all best be done in a manner where I can send you a revised file that you are able to test right away to see whether it produced the expected results.

Let me know how I can help. (chrisw@ website listed below)
Chris Whybrew
PLANET DJ, INC
www.planetdj.com

#3 workuseonly04

workuseonly04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 24 May 2008 - 11:25 AM

Do you know how to tell what version of ASP our site currently uses? Is it safe to assume that the SiteLINK Toolkit would be using ASP v1?

Thanks,
Kevin

#4 planetdj

planetdj

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 25 May 2008 - 09:35 AM

Do you know how to tell what version of ASP our site currently uses? Is it safe to assume that the SiteLINK Toolkit would be using ASP v1?

Thanks,
Kevin

No, I wouldn't know the version. But it shouldn't matter if all you a re doing is changing a line of code in an existing template file. (Unless you were asking for a different reason.)
Chris Whybrew
PLANET DJ, INC
www.planetdj.com

#5 planetdj

planetdj

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 05:58 AM

Never saw an email come through from you. Just making sure I didn't miss something. Let me know if I can help...
Chris Whybrew
PLANET DJ, INC
www.planetdj.com

#6 workuseonly04

workuseonly04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 12:04 PM

Never saw an email come through from you. Just making sure I didn't miss something. Let me know if I can help...

Hey, I show you an e-mail a few days ago in regards to this issue; just want to confirm that you received it.

Thanks,
KJ
www.hedonics.com

#7 planetdj

planetdj

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 28 June 2008 - 10:34 AM

Hey, I show you an e-mail a few days ago in regards to this issue; just want to confirm that you received it.

Thanks,
KJ
www.hedonics.com

Just checked... nothing from hedonics, unless you sent from a different email account.
Chris Whybrew
PLANET DJ, INC
www.planetdj.com

#8 workuseonly04

workuseonly04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 09:44 AM

Just checked... nothing from hedonics, unless you sent from a different email account.

I did actually, the e-mail address was [email protected]

hopefully you got it, if not, i'll send it again :)

thanks
KJ

#9 planetdj

planetdj

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 13 July 2008 - 06:40 PM

I did actually, the e-mail address was [email protected]

hopefully you got it, if not, i'll send it again :)

thanks
KJ

Sorry KJ... I just got back from vacation. I sent you a reply... check your email.
Chris Whybrew
PLANET DJ, INC
www.planetdj.com

#10 workuseonly04

workuseonly04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 08:53 AM

Sorry KJ... I just got back from vacation. I sent you a reply... check your email.

I sent you another reply just want to make sure it didn't go into your spam/junk folder.

Thanks,
KJ

#11 planetdj

planetdj

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 07:10 PM

I sent you another reply just want to make sure it didn't go into your spam/junk folder.

Thanks,
KJ

Check your email...
Chris Whybrew
PLANET DJ, INC
www.planetdj.com

#12 workuseonly04

workuseonly04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 16 September 2008 - 10:12 AM

Check your email...

Hey, unfortunately, that last one didn't work. Just think it was the incorrect variable to draw the title from. This was products.asp

Sorry, didn't have a chance to test it until now.

Thanks,
KJ

#13 planetdj

planetdj

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 18 September 2008 - 05:48 AM

Hey, unfortunately, that last one didn't work. Just think it was the incorrect variable to draw the title from. This was products.asp

Sorry, didn't have a chance to test it until now.

Thanks,
KJ

I'll take a look... I should still have your file. I'll make a tweak and re-send.

BTW... for anyone else reading this thread, they've gotta think we're both outta our minds! :lol:
Chris Whybrew
PLANET DJ, INC
www.planetdj.com

#14 rory

rory

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 01:01 AM

I'll take a look... I should still have your file. I'll make a tweak and re-send.

BTW... for anyone else reading this thread, they've gotta think we're both outta our minds! :lol:

Kevin, just stumbled upon this thread and saw that you mentioned you are simply using SiteLINK to export info from MOM. Is this the same for importing? Essentially, I'm wondering if I move my site to a 3rd party cart, will I be able to perform the one-click order imports? Is your method for importing orders fast? It can take up to 20-30 minutes to import orders at times, and I'd like to see that in the 1-2 minute range, in addition to improving my site's function, bring it into the 21st century, you know?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users