• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 recycleworks

recycleworks

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 22 April 2008 - 02:01 AM

I've just applied a payment to the wrong customer, I only noticed when I printed the invoice.

I can't cancel the order without adjusting the payment balance to zero, but how do I do that?

Thanks in advance

#2 planetdj

planetdj

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 22 April 2008 - 06:33 AM

I've just applied a payment to the wrong customer, I only noticed when I printed the invoice.

I can't cancel the order without adjusting the payment balance to zero, but how do I do that?

Thanks in advance

Well, if you get this reply quick enough (before you post your AR journals), this will be much easier:

1. Go into that order and Display Journal Entries (the "green dollar bill icon" in the upper left of the icon bar.)
2. If more than one entry, find the payment that was incorrectly applied and write down the Transaction ID.
3. Now click Close and put the order on your Come Back Later. You should now be at MOM's default screen.
4. Click Apply Customer Payments (the "yellow money bag" near the right end of the icon bar.)
5. In the Transaction field in the upper left, enter the Transaction ID you wrote down earlier and press Enter.
6. If it isn't selected, select the correct order entry from down below and then press the Delete Transaction button.
7. Leave this screen and go back to the order and see if the payment is now gone.

EDIT: You may have to reset the order first!
Chris Whybrew
PLANET DJ, INC
www.planetdj.com

#3 ypf1258

ypf1258

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 22 April 2008 - 01:40 PM

Well, if you get this reply quick enough (before you post your AR journals), this will be much easier:

1. Go into that order and Display Journal Entries (the "green dollar bill icon" in the upper left of the icon bar.)
2. If more than one entry, find the payment that was incorrectly applied and write down the Transaction ID.
3. Now click Close and put the order on your Come Back Later. You should now be at MOM's default screen.
4. Click Apply Customer Payments (the "yellow money bag" near the right end of the icon bar.)
5. In the Transaction field in the upper left, enter the Transaction ID you wrote down earlier and press Enter.
6. If it isn't selected, select the correct order entry from down below and then press the Delete Transaction button.
7. Leave this screen and go back to the order and see if the payment is now gone.

EDIT: You may have to reset the order first!

there is slight an easier way to do this if the payment method was not via credit card

simply click on the multi pay tab
select the trans. that has the error and click delete
same as above must be before you post the A/R journals

#4 recycleworks

recycleworks

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 05:36 AM

Thanks ppl, this one has been puzzling me for a while

Very useful :P

#5 Steph

Steph

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 February 2015 - 03:21 PM

How do you handle this if you have already posted??

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users