Photo

Do you really need multiple UPS shipper numbers?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 UPSAE

UPSAE

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 04:58 PM

Hello all,

I am a UPS Account Manager. One of my accounts, a large fullfillment house uses MOM. They are telling me that they need a unique UPS shipper number for each of their customers, because MOM gives an error when they attempt to use their one and only UPS shipper numbers for multiple companies. I believe they are trying to seperate each of their customers, possibly for accounting purposes, by using a uniqe UPS shipper number for each customer. Has anyone heard of this situation? How would you use one UPS shipper number and keep the clients of the fullfillment house seperate? I did open up a new UPS shipper number for them as a test and it worked. However, they are now wanting to add 30 additional UPS shipper numbers. Any ideas?

#2 CDI Fulfillment

CDI Fulfillment

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 22 April 2008 - 01:49 PM

That's not right. You can use a single account number for multiple MOM companies, though as I recall it is not as easy as it should be. I run a fulfillment house and in the past we used the built in UPS link function to create our shipping labels. I have since moved on to processing via other means, but what I do recall is that in each company I would try to commission the station, get some sort of error from MOM, then go through the back door using DBUwin and copy the commissioned status (mailbox ID, etc.) from a commissioned company into the one that failed. Sorry that I can't be more specific, but it has been 3+ years since I have dealt with that scenario.
Jay Snelgrove
Fulfillment Manager
CDI Media, Inc.

http://www.cdimedia.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users