7 replies to this topic

#1 john

john

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 11 August 2004 - 07:07 AM

As MOM reporting is somewhat limited, we are relying more on R&R to create our own reports.

Does anybody have a good resource for the development of these reports?

Thanks.

#2 WHI

WHI

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 11 August 2004 - 07:33 AM

We have been using RR and have developed a number of reports. What do you need? There are some companies that will build reports for you MOM helpers, I think. We have found that after we develop the basic report and use it for a week or two then we go back and organize the info or add something that was overlooked. All in all once you learn how to use it (which will take some time) you will be very happy. Our copy sat here for three years before I hired someone with the skills to use it.

#3 risnay

risnay

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 August 2004 - 10:07 AM

Sure go to www.axton.com, talk to Debra Ross She has done work for the me before.

#4 malaize

malaize

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts
  • Interests:Computers, weight lifting, excercise, sports, Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, toys, video games, eating

Posted 29 September 2004 - 12:16 PM

I agree risnay,

I have downloaded some of the free tutorials from www.axton.com. I wish I had the money to purchase. Sadly I don't so I am going through the tedious help file and docs one chapter at a time.

www.tek-tips.com has a forum for Report writer but you are lucky to get a response within 2 months. Liveware (report writer company) also has a forum but it isn't too active. www.livewarepub.com

malaize

#5 Videoflicks2004

Videoflicks2004

GLOBAL MODERATOR

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 241 posts
  • Interests:~ DVD ~ BLUE RAY ~ HD DVD ~ HOLOGRAPHIC DVD ~ Quantum Computing.

Posted 29 September 2004 - 12:20 PM

Help to the rescue!

I've got some custom reports that I have done that I don't mind sharing / swapping.

Example:

Custom Invoices - Print in order by Company, Cust number, Order number etc with Titles of products in alphabetical order oh.. and they don't show backordered items. (all this based on Customer Type Code too)

Cheers,

Dave
David Narciso
Ecommerce Operations Manager CVS Inc

[email protected]

mobile: 4168238175

DISCLAIMER: Always backup your MOMWIN folder before attempting to perform any updates, testing, etc. Once you blast the data away it's gone forever.
My advice is based on my 8 years of experience with MOM and Dydacomp. If you are not comfortable with data manipulation then hire someone who is.

#6 malaize

malaize

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts
  • Interests:Computers, weight lifting, excercise, sports, Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, toys, video games, eating

Posted 01 October 2004 - 07:44 AM

Sorry for piggybacking on this thread but I was wondering what the difference is between a report writer report name somereport.rrw and somereport.rrs? It seems that the .rrw reports open up in design view why the .rrs are run when double clicked on.

Thanks,

#7 rrinker

rrinker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 06 January 2005 - 12:59 PM

Sorry for piggybacking on this thread but I was wondering what the difference is between a report writer report name somereport.rrw and somereport.rrs?  It seems that the .rrw reports open up in design view why the .rrs are run when double clicked on.

Thanks,

View Post

.rrs files are scripts for the runtime engine. If you open one of the .rrs files up with Notepad you can see it references the .rrw file.

--Randy

#8 Videoflicks2004

Videoflicks2004

GLOBAL MODERATOR

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 241 posts
  • Interests:~ DVD ~ BLUE RAY ~ HD DVD ~ HOLOGRAPHIC DVD ~ Quantum Computing.

Posted 07 January 2005 - 01:11 PM

Hi,

Has anyone purchased the REPORT WRITER PACK from AXTON ENTERPRISES? I know DEBRA (from AXTON ENTERPRISES) is a member of the forum but I'm not sure if she is still selling the disc.

Cheers,

David
David Narciso
Ecommerce Operations Manager CVS Inc

[email protected]

mobile: 4168238175

DISCLAIMER: Always backup your MOMWIN folder before attempting to perform any updates, testing, etc. Once you blast the data away it's gone forever.
My advice is based on my 8 years of experience with MOM and Dydacomp. If you are not comfortable with data manipulation then hire someone who is.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users