4 replies to this topic

#1 johnay

johnay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 20 March 2006 - 06:06 PM

We've got orders importing, but have not quite got a handle on working with them once they're in. Once we find them in MOM we can work them through the phases of processing, but the problem is finding them.

When they are first imported they have a status of "no status" and we have been able to find no way to get to them other than searching for each customer. We'd much rather be able to pull up a list of imported but as yet unprocessed orders so we can get them started.

Could there be something missing in the import data?

Any ideas?

Thanks.

#2 CDI Fulfillment

CDI Fulfillment

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 22 March 2006 - 07:41 AM

johnay-

There must be some key piece of data that is not being included in your import file. 99% of the orders that I fulfill come through orders that I import.

I experienced the problem that you are describing 1 time. It happened because the "shipvia" field in the import file was populated with a shipping code that was not set up in MOM. I also didn't have a default shipping method assigned in my Import/Export module settings. If the shipping method is missing from the import file, the order will be put in La-La Land with a status of No Status until you find the order and manually fix it.
Jay Snelgrove
Fulfillment Manager
CDI Media, Inc.

http://www.cdimedia.com

#3 johnay

johnay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 22 March 2006 - 07:57 AM

We have been leaving the shipvia field blank in the import since we don't really know the method until the order is cut & ready to pack. Too many variables to always know from the order data how it will ship.

I guess we'll just go with the odds and put priority mail for domestic and global priority for international.

#4 dseibold

dseibold

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 22 March 2006 - 02:27 PM

Why don't you create a new method that is used for imported orders?
Then you can locate your new orders by searching for orders with that method.
And you can change the method as appropriate when it goes out.
David Seibold
Wild Horses, Inc.
Operations Manager

#5 johnay

johnay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 23 March 2006 - 06:03 AM

I actually thought of that, but hadn't had time yet to check if that would be searchable.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users