• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Jaaay

Jaaay

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 June 2005 - 02:04 PM

After Reviewing Visa & mastercards "Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard". (PCI) I have found some things I believe Dydacomp is going to need to change.. Section 3.3 states that Account Numbers need to be masked when displayed.

It also notes that this doesn't apply to those employees and other parties with a specific need to see full credit card number..

Well our customer service agents don't need to see the FULL account number to take an order with a customer with a saved credit card number, they only need to verify the last four digits.

MOM doesn't have an option for this.

So Is MOM and my company not in compliance????

#2 Videoflicks2004

Videoflicks2004

GLOBAL MODERATOR

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 241 posts
  • Interests:~ DVD ~ BLUE RAY ~ HD DVD ~ HOLOGRAPHIC DVD ~ Quantum Computing.

Posted 29 June 2005 - 03:11 PM

After Reviewing Visa & mastercards "Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard". (PCI) I have found some things I believe Dydacomp is going to need to change..  Section 3.3 states that Account Numbers need to be masked when displayed.

It also notes that this doesn't apply to those employees and other parties with a specific need to see full credit card number..

Well our customer service agents don't need to see the FULL account number to take an order with a customer with a saved credit card number, they only need to verify the last four digits.

MOM doesn't have an option for this.

So Is MOM and my company not in compliance????

View Post

Jaaay,

Check you user security prefs... you can hide the cc's from users.

Cheers,

Videoflicks2004
David Narciso
Ecommerce Operations Manager CVS Inc

[email protected]

mobile: 4168238175

DISCLAIMER: Always backup your MOMWIN folder before attempting to perform any updates, testing, etc. Once you blast the data away it's gone forever.
My advice is based on my 8 years of experience with MOM and Dydacomp. If you are not comfortable with data manipulation then hire someone who is.

#3 WHI

WHI

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 01 July 2005 - 12:51 PM

If you set MOM up so that users can't see card numbers can they still see the last 4 digets?

#4 Jaaay

Jaaay

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 July 2005 - 02:42 PM

If you set MOM up so that users can't see card numbers can they still see the last 4 digets?

View Post

Not that I can find.

My response from Dydacomp is that they have no plans to mask it either.

#5 jwurunner

jwurunner

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 05 July 2005 - 03:15 PM

Not that I can find.

My response from Dydacomp is that they have no plans to mask it either.

View Post

Hi,
We are running M.O.M. 5.2 build 6/14/05 and it will mask all but the last 4 numbers when viewing an order.

#6 ypf1258

ypf1258

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 05 July 2005 - 08:45 PM

Hi,
We are running M.O.M. 5.2 build 6/14/05 and it will mask all but the last 4 numbers when viewing an order.

View Post

this feature is also available in 4.2

#7 Jaaay

Jaaay

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 July 2005 - 09:07 AM

Hi,

View Post

We are running 5.2 as of I think the 20th.

With this feature ON it does mask the credit card numbers on orders already taken. "Viewing the order" But then you can't see any previous cards used for a re-order.

So we have to take this option off. With this option OFF all the numbers are displayed.

I believe MOM needs to mask the numbers only to show the last 4 were you take another order with a previous customer and their cards.

Are your guys numbers masked when taking another order with a previous customer with the feature turned ON?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users