• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 davem

davem

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 December 2004 - 08:06 PM

I want to read the order information from the M.O.M. database, tables, files. I am familar with ODBC, but not with M.O.M. Reading this forum it seems like I should used FoxPro or Access ODBC drivers to .dbf files. The M.O.M. version is 5.0. Does anyone have any suggestions or tips? Can you tell me the location or layouts of the database files?

#2 ypf1258

ypf1258

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 01 January 2005 - 09:47 PM

you can run a query from excel but remember select
" free table" or use dbuwin
the files is in the momwin folder the main files are cust.dbf = customer dbase
cms.dbf = order dbase invtrans.dbf = invat. trans. history

#3 Videoflicks2004

Videoflicks2004

GLOBAL MODERATOR

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 241 posts
  • Interests:~ DVD ~ BLUE RAY ~ HD DVD ~ HOLOGRAPHIC DVD ~ Quantum Computing.

Posted 17 January 2005 - 07:00 PM

Hi,

Check out www.axton.com they have a book that outlines all of the tables and fields in MOM.

Cheers,

David
David Narciso
Ecommerce Operations Manager CVS Inc

[email protected]

mobile: 4168238175

DISCLAIMER: Always backup your MOMWIN folder before attempting to perform any updates, testing, etc. Once you blast the data away it's gone forever.
My advice is based on my 8 years of experience with MOM and Dydacomp. If you are not comfortable with data manipulation then hire someone who is.

#4 Luke

Luke

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 January 2005 - 07:27 PM

You can try the 30-day trial of this or buy for ~$20:
http://www.dbfview.com/

No "linking", "importing", or "browsing" tables; just double click the dbf and there it is.

#5 Videoflicks2004

Videoflicks2004

GLOBAL MODERATOR

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 241 posts
  • Interests:~ DVD ~ BLUE RAY ~ HD DVD ~ HOLOGRAPHIC DVD ~ Quantum Computing.

Posted 17 January 2005 - 07:54 PM

Hey,

DBFVIEW is good if you know what you're looking for. Unfortunately it won't help you find the relations between the tables. (Example - CMS and CUST are linked by CUSTNUM ... INVOICE and ITEMS by Transid)

Cheers,

David
David Narciso
Ecommerce Operations Manager CVS Inc

[email protected]

mobile: 4168238175

DISCLAIMER: Always backup your MOMWIN folder before attempting to perform any updates, testing, etc. Once you blast the data away it's gone forever.
My advice is based on my 8 years of experience with MOM and Dydacomp. If you are not comfortable with data manipulation then hire someone who is.

#6 Guest_Chuck_*

Guest_Chuck_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 February 2006 - 12:48 PM

Hi,

Check out www.axton.com they have a book that outlines all of the tables and fields in MOM.

Cheers,

David

View Post

A visit to the axton.com website turns up links to the books (one version for 3.1 and one for 4.0), but the listed phone numbers are disconnected. Not sure if they still providing either the services to M.O.M. users or the books.

I've done an import of the .DBFs into a temporary SQL2000 server, so I have the individual table schema where I need it, what I'm really looking for is the "color-coded graphical layout" that is mentioned on the http://www.axton.com/4databook.html page.

Any ideas on other sources for that book (printed or .PDF), or perhaps for a version 5.0 relational diagram for those "55 most important tables"?

Thanks,
Chuck

#7 Guest_Chuck_*

Guest_Chuck_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 February 2006 - 10:39 AM

Following up on my previous post about disconnected numbers on the axton.com website...

We sent an email out to two addresses found on the website the same day I made that post. The next day, the creator/author of those M.O.M. databooks contacted us and we were able to purchase the 4.0 edition. I think she is still completing the process of moving from upstate New York to Virginia, hence the disconnected phone numbers, but she did indeed respond and we were able to get the graphical diagram that I was after.

Chuck

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users