#1 SiteLINKTeam

SiteLINKTeam

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 30 December 2004 - 10:13 AM

Hello All,

I just wanted to let you know that we've redesigned our main site. I thought you guys may want to check it out. I think it's pretty nice. http://www.dydacomp.com/

As always, I'm open for any feedback or suggestions you'd like to give.

Hope you all had a happy and prosperous holidays.

Sincerely,

Neal Wexler
Director of SiteLINK Sales
Dydacomp Development Corp.
'Software Solutions for Direct Marketers'
11 D Commerce Way
Totowa, NJ 07512
800-858-3666 x260
[email protected]
www.Dydacomp.com
SiteLINK Support: 973-774-4100
SiteLINK 24/7: 973-641-0901
There is no alternative to SiteLINK!

#2 ypf1258

ypf1258

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 30 December 2004 - 10:12 PM

YOU SHOULD REDESIGN THE SOFTWARE NOT THE SITE IT�S A BRAINLESS PROGRAM THAT EVEN A SIMPLE TASK REQUIRES CHALLENGE

#3 SiteLINKTeam

SiteLINKTeam

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 31 December 2004 - 06:33 AM

That is truly one of the most ignorant statements I've ever heard. Especially since my records show that you are currently on an the older version of MOM.

You asked us to improve the software, and we did, with MOM 5.0 (and SiteLINK 5.0), however, you wouldn't know since you aren't using the latest version.

Sincerely,

Neal Wexler
11 D Commerce Way
Totowa, NJ 07512
800-858-3666 x260
[email protected]
www.Dydacomp.com

#4 Videoflicks2004

Videoflicks2004

GLOBAL MODERATOR

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 241 posts
  • Interests:~ DVD ~ BLUE RAY ~ HD DVD ~ HOLOGRAPHIC DVD ~ Quantum Computing.

Posted 31 December 2004 - 07:25 AM

Hi,

Everyone play nice. I think the site looks great Neal. Keep up the good work.

I'm still running MOM 4.3 and I'll jump on the upgraded version of MOM once the SQL version is released.

Cheers,

David
David Narciso
Ecommerce Operations Manager CVS Inc

[email protected]

mobile: 4168238175

DISCLAIMER: Always backup your MOMWIN folder before attempting to perform any updates, testing, etc. Once you blast the data away it's gone forever.
My advice is based on my 8 years of experience with MOM and Dydacomp. If you are not comfortable with data manipulation then hire someone who is.

#5 SiteLINKTeam

SiteLINKTeam

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 31 December 2004 - 08:13 AM

Hello David,

Thanks for your compliment.

I have no problem with someone bringing up specific issues they have with MOM or SiteLINK, so that we can address them, but to make a blanket statement like that helps no one.

I know development has been working very hard on MOM XL. I think you'll be happy when it's released. I was recently involved in the QA of MOM XL's interaction with SiteLINK 5.0, so I've gotten a sneak peak.

Have a happy new year.

Sincerely,

Neal Wexler
11 D Commerce Way
Totowa, NJ 07512
800-858-3666 x260
[email protected]
www.Dydacomp.com

#6 Guest_Jeremy_*

Guest_Jeremy_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 January 2005 - 01:37 PM

Is any of the product data encrypted in the newer versions? If it is, then there is no good reason for us to update the software and we will continue to move our processing away from the MOM/Foxpro format. If it is not, then we might consider purchasing the new version.

#7 SiteLINKTeam

SiteLINKTeam

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 07 January 2005 - 01:59 PM

Hello Jeremy,

Please contact me directly so we can look at your specific needs and see what can be done.

Sincerely,

Neal Wexler
11 D Commerce Way
Totowa, NJ 07512
800-858-3666 x260
[email protected]
www.dydacomp.com/sitelink

#8 [email protected]

[email protected]

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 October 2005 - 03:30 PM

"That is truly one of the most ignorant statements I've ever heard. Especially since my records show that you are currently on an the older version of MOM."

Hmm. No, it was just a concise, accurate statement. The new version is not redesigned, it has just had some modifications. It is still running on top of the same Foxpro crap, and it IS crap.

Windows NT has its own widget libraries, and they are much higher quality than the ones which Foxpro applications substitute. It acts like a runtime environment, similar to Java, and its pseudo-GUIDs are not even compatible with Windows' interprocess communication (if you want to call it that). This means that, for instance, any customized window manager or automation software which you might use with Windows, will not be able to interact with MOM or any Foxpro application in a reasonable way.

If that doesn't mean anything to you, or if you don't really take your business that seriously, go ahead and use MOM, but those who understand and expect that software should always be designed to do as much work as possible without anyone's help, rather than just keeping as many people as possible busy for 40 hours a week doing mindless, repetetive work, will never reccommend it.

MOM would be drastically better if it were programmed in Visual Basic, and if you have ever had to use any serious business application which was programmed in Visual Basic (yes, some programmers really are that retarded, and their customers are poor victims), you would probably find this laughable, but it is, unfortunately, the truth.

#9 dseibold

dseibold

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 11 October 2005 - 07:58 AM

I'm still running MOM 4.3 and I'll jump on the upgraded version of MOM once the SQL version is released.
Cheers,

David

View Post

I was told by MOM technical service that you will have to upgrade to MOM 5.3 before you can upgrade to SQL... it seems there is no program written to convert 4.3 data to 5.3. It doesn't make sense to me but that is what I was told. I hope that person was wrong because it doesn't make sense to me to upgrade to a version I won't be using...
David Seibold
Wild Horses, Inc.
Operations Manager

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users