• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Tripple

Tripple

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 October 2004 - 03:55 AM

We need to open the Items.FPT file in MOM so that we can export information into Excel (and into our database program) to use in database activities. The file seems to be a compressed FoxPro and we are unable to access it. What is the solution?

Thank you.

#2 Videoflicks2004

Videoflicks2004

GLOBAL MODERATOR

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 241 posts
  • Interests:~ DVD ~ BLUE RAY ~ HD DVD ~ HOLOGRAPHIC DVD ~ Quantum Computing.

Posted 26 October 2004 - 10:43 AM

Hi,

What possible info can you get out of the fpt file? Shouldn't everything you need be in the .dbf file?

Cheers,

David
David Narciso
Ecommerce Operations Manager CVS Inc

[email protected]

mobile: 4168238175

DISCLAIMER: Always backup your MOMWIN folder before attempting to perform any updates, testing, etc. Once you blast the data away it's gone forever.
My advice is based on my 8 years of experience with MOM and Dydacomp. If you are not comfortable with data manipulation then hire someone who is.

#3 aica

aica

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 October 2004 - 05:40 PM

If you need details of the product what you need to export is the stocks.dbf not the items.dbf.

Currently I use beta version of visual foxpro for viewing, sorting and exporting MOM dbf files. You can download it for free in microsoft website. Try to create a dummy mom folder for testing purposes. You can also update this folder by overwriting it with the live one.

Hope it helps. :)

#4 ypf1258

ypf1258

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 27 October 2004 - 11:05 PM

hey there y don�t you run a web query from excel no fox pro is needed how to run it i have written it in topic
"mailing list "

#5 aica

aica

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 October 2004 - 04:55 PM

tnx for the idea but i still prefer using visual foxpro because i can view, sort and filter faster compared to using excel. in excel there's a wizard that you still need to follow step by step unlike in visual foxpro if you're familiar with sql commands you can execute it more faster.

#6 Guest_Jeremy_*

Guest_Jeremy_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 November 2004 - 09:30 AM

I think the original question was in regards to the fpt (memo) files. These files have been encrypted after version 4.3 (I think that's when they decided to encrypt them anyway). I called and asked why and they said it was mainly so that the data could not be exported to be used in a web site outside of SiteLink (which is exactly what I was doing, and exactly why we have not upgraded).

The answer is: You've got to find a way to extract that data from the MOM interface itself or find someone who's good at cracking extremely lame encryption (how could it be anything but lame considering it was done by the idiots at dydacomp?).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users