Photo

How do I set up a new custom shipping label?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Avalanche Press

Avalanche Press

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 07:15 AM

I'm on MOM 5.4.

We're trying out a new international shipping service, and for each order using that service I need to generate a label with our return address and the shipping address. Seems like that would be pretty straightforward, but for the life of me I cannot find a way to do it. Am I being dense?

(Preferably it will print on our Zebra label writer, but honestly I would be content to print on paper and tape the labels on the boxes at this point.)

#2 dseibold

dseibold

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 02:34 PM

Easiest way is to write a report in R&R or in MS Access. We do address labels in MS Access and print them on our dymo label machine.
David Seibold
Wild Horses, Inc.
Operations Manager

#3 Avalanche Press

Avalanche Press

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 07:31 AM

Thank you for the tip.

Is there really no way to make Mail Order Manager generate this shipping label?

I have been trying to generate the labels in Access this morning using the label wizard and a report exported from MOM's Order Import/Export Module, but I have zero experience with Access before now so it is not going smoothly.

#4 dseibold

dseibold

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 09:27 AM

Is there really no way to make Mail Order Manager generate this shipping label?

Unfortunately, none that I know of...

I have been trying to generate the labels in Access this morning using the label wizard and a report exported from MOM's Order Import/Export Module, but I have zero experience with Access before now so it is not going smoothly.

I have a form in access in which I enter the order number. Access then uses the CMS table to find the custnum field and locates the address in the CUST table. I also have it locate the shipnum field to locate the shipping address in the CUST table. Then I pick the address I want to make a label for and send it to the printer.

Hope that helps.
David Seibold
Wild Horses, Inc.
Operations Manager

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users