3 replies to this topic

#1 workuseonly04

workuseonly04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 27 August 2004 - 12:35 PM

I've noticed a glitch in MOM. It's only a concern if you have multiple companies setup in your MOM installation. Whereas, you may want a specific user to have access to certain features in one company and not another.

In one company, a user has access to the Import/Export Module. Only to the point where he can import orders for that single company.

After switching companies while still logged into MOM, you are not prompted for user authentication. In a way, it makes sense. You've already inputted your username and password, why waste the time of entering it again.

But, after switching, that user still has access to those features he has access to in the original company.

After switching to the second company, that user still has access to import orders though he does not have permission in global parameters.

The user does not have access through the drop-down menu but through the icons on the tool-bar. Any icons on the tool-bar that a user has access to use will still be available after switching companies; even if permission isn't given by the administrator.

Dunno, not a huge flaw but I could see how it would be a concern to some people.

#2 electronic

electronic

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 September 2004 - 05:47 PM

I believe this was a problem in the past. When I switch between companies I am now asked for a login and password. Fixed after a program update some months back.

#3 workuseonly04

workuseonly04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 02 September 2004 - 05:36 AM

We have MOM v5.1 As far as I know, there is no newer version. It depends, we have several companies setup. For companies that I do not have access to, I am prompted for a password. But the risk comes when you have access to more than one company and you have different access levels in each company.

#4 bij202

bij202

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 November 2004 - 04:03 AM

The way mom works with Multi-company is that you can set up different user levels for each company. The Security information is kept in its own database within the company folder you have created.

BTW, what I believe Electronic was refering to was not your MOM version but the executable build date. Dydacomp seem to release a new one every week if not twice a week.

Hope this helps.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users