#1 risnay

risnay

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 August 2004 - 03:32 PM

Hi everyone

I just found this site, I have been using MOM for over 2yrs ver 4.30
I have no real problems with MOM i have been able to get it to do almost everything, except when I'm exporting the results of a report using the excel button in the print dialog box, the most records it will export is around 16,000 I have newer versions of excel that accept over 64,000 rows, this realy makes me mad as most of my reports are over 16,000 rows, I do use report writer but iw would be easier if this feture worked, and belive it or not is the only reason I have started to look at other software that can take full advantage of excel capabilities, for some reason this only happens in the reports feture, the LMM can export everything fine, can anyone fix this I'm willing to pay, I also want the DESC & DESC2 fields longer than 30 characters.

#2 admin

admin

Supreme Commander

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 26 August 2004 - 11:51 AM

Depending on what kind of report you need you may be able to directly import data from the FOX tables that mom uses. It would take some work to figure it all out though. I think for example that you could import the order table into Excel, not sure about doing any sql during the import though.

You could also pick up a copy of FoxPro from ebay for a few hundred dollars which will allow you to run queries on multiple tables.

Hope that helps,

Dana
Make sure to tell all the MOM users you know about this site!

#3 ufsimatt

ufsimatt

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 31 August 2004 - 12:17 PM

Although I do not know why MOM only exports 16,000 rows instead of everything you have, it doens't particularily suprise me. If you have report writer, I would suggest recreating your report in there; I have had a good deal of success with report writer and find it way better then the standard reports from MOM.
If you have Access you can always link the MOM tables that you need and run queries to find the information you want and handle the data anyway you want at that point.
As to your desire to have the DESC and DESC2 fields be longer then 30 characters, you are out of luck as far as I know. For whatever reason, the MOM tables and program were written with this limitation and unless Dydacomp changes their table designs for future versions, I don't believe there is anyway around those issues.
If you would like some more help concerning your report/export problem, feel free to send me an email or message through this board and I will be happy to talk to you about it some more.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users