• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Steve Quinn

Steve Quinn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 04:22 AM

Hi all, we are using Mom 5.4 and would like to 1) export our inventory to excel, 2) edit the stock count and 3) re-import the inventory.

So far we have asked our suppliers of m.o.m. who have given conflicting information (one said it was so easy a five year old could do it and another said it would take a degree in rocket science to accomplish! - neither actually told us how to do it except to offer a price for them to do it!)

I have trawled about the forums and came across reference to dbuwin.exe which 'LOOKS' like it may be of some use but i seriously dont want to go messing up the companies mom database after only being here for 3 weeks....

I must point out i am not someone in our company that will use mom, i am just the lowly web guy but as my colleagues are getting no-where fast with our resellers i was asked if i could help.

Please help us!

Regards,

Steve.

#2 CDI Fulfillment

CDI Fulfillment

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 05:42 AM

Steve - You are correct in your findings that dbuwin can be used to accomplish this. DBUWIN is an extremely powerful, so it is important that you get a good backup before doing anything with it. Also, if you are exporting data into Excel so that you can manipulate it and then re-import it, be aware that you will need to halt pretty much all use of MOM during that time, otherwise transactions could be made and the file that you import still be not be accurate because of those transactions. Finally, there is a good chance that you will need to edit more than one database to reach the intended results. Stock.dbf and Inventor.dbf are your best bets, but there may be one or two other tables that need little tweaks as well.
Jay Snelgrove
Fulfillment Manager
CDI Media, Inc.

http://www.cdimedia.com

#3 dseibold

dseibold

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 07:59 AM

Any adjustments to stock.dbf will require adjustments in inventor.dbf and bin.dbf. It might be better to print out a master inventory list, find what you want to correct and then go into MOM at Product - Receiving - Adjust inventory and make your changes. It will probably take you the same amount of time as it would take to do it in dbuwin.exe and you don't have to interrupt sales.
David Seibold
Wild Horses, Inc.
Operations Manager

#4 Steve Quinn

Steve Quinn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 11:34 PM

Thanks very much indeed for a swift response guys.

I think for this time we will export a master inventory list and then manually put the stock back in through products>adjust stock for safety, plus as you point out we dont have to stop anything else whilst we do it that way round.

Thanks again, im sure i'll be back soon :-)

Steve

#5 Videoflicks2004

Videoflicks2004

GLOBAL MODERATOR

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 241 posts
  • Interests:~ DVD ~ BLUE RAY ~ HD DVD ~ HOLOGRAPHIC DVD ~ Quantum Computing.

Posted 25 April 2007 - 07:10 PM

Thanks very much indeed for a swift response guys.

I think for this time we will export a master inventory list and then manually put the stock back in through products>adjust stock for safety, plus as you point out we dont have to stop anything else whilst we do it that way round.

Thanks again, im sure i'll be back soon :-)

Steve

'
Does mom 5.4 have the AIM module? my understanding is that this module is supposed to make inventory management a breeze?
David Narciso
Ecommerce Operations Manager CVS Inc

[email protected]

mobile: 4168238175

DISCLAIMER: Always backup your MOMWIN folder before attempting to perform any updates, testing, etc. Once you blast the data away it's gone forever.
My advice is based on my 8 years of experience with MOM and Dydacomp. If you are not comfortable with data manipulation then hire someone who is.

#6 Steve Quinn

Steve Quinn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 April 2007 - 11:54 PM

Hi David, our version 'can' but doesn't have the AIM module. I may ask our boss to look at this for cost effectiveness next year.

Thanks,

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users