3 replies to this topic

#1 johnay

johnay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 14 March 2007 - 09:01 AM

(I may have asked this before - I don't remember - but it bears repeating from time to time.)

Has anyone managed to set up a MOM seat running on Linux using Wine or some other emulator/compatibility layer? Given the price of MOM, it would be nice for our budget to be able to recycle some older systems with some flavor of linux to be used as MOM terminals.

Anyone had any luck with this?

#2 MikeN

MikeN

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 30 March 2007 - 07:21 AM

(I may have asked this before - I don't remember - but it bears repeating from time to time.)

Has anyone managed to set up a MOM seat running on Linux using Wine or some other emulator/compatibility layer? Given the price of MOM, it would be nice for our budget to be able to recycle some older systems with some flavor of linux to be used as MOM terminals.

Anyone had any luck with this?

Try it out and let us know what you learn. FWIW, I've used VMware with a Foxpro app in the past with amazing success. I really was impressed. That, however, doesn't get you out of a Windows license and VMware is not free. I also doubt a "recycled" system would be fast enough to practically run MOM through an emulator. Other than that, you're set. ;)

On a side note, check this out: http://www.theregist...derails_foxpro/. Good 'ole Micro$oft.

Mike N

#3 MFB

MFB

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 11:47 AM

MOM uses the .NET framework which doesn't run under WINE/Linux. Tried installing under Ubuntu 7.04 with wine.

I am going to try a mono implementation, and will post here about the results or anything that changes.

#4 MFB

MFB

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 01:32 PM

Unfortunately no success after trying the Mono implementation.

If for some reason I get it working, I'll post the steps here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users