• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Videoflicks2004

Videoflicks2004

GLOBAL MODERATOR

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 241 posts
  • Interests:~ DVD ~ BLUE RAY ~ HD DVD ~ HOLOGRAPHIC DVD ~ Quantum Computing.

Posted 25 February 2007 - 06:05 AM

Hello,

We obviously have our own set of problems with MOM in the cold north since we have Canada Post, Purolator and Postal Codes to deal with.

Heck, our merchant services information is different too.

Say it loud and proud.. I AM CANADIAN!

Videoflicks2004
David Narciso
Ecommerce Operations Manager CVS Inc

[email protected]

mobile: 4168238175

DISCLAIMER: Always backup your MOMWIN folder before attempting to perform any updates, testing, etc. Once you blast the data away it's gone forever.
My advice is based on my 8 years of experience with MOM and Dydacomp. If you are not comfortable with data manipulation then hire someone who is.

#2 Videoflicks2004

Videoflicks2004

GLOBAL MODERATOR

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 01 March 2007 - 12:33 PM

It was worth a shot!
David Narciso

[email protected]

DISCLAIMER: Always backup your MOMWIN folder before attempting to perform any updates, testing, etc. Once you blast the data away it's gone forever.
My advice is based on my 8 years of experience with MOM and Dydacomp. If you are not comfortable with data manipulation then hire someone who is.

#3 UNIFORM

UNIFORM

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 March 2007 - 10:27 PM

Hi Videoflicks2004.

We are CANADIAN!!

I think I talked to you before we purchased MOM in May 2006. We started using MOM 5.4 in January. We are unable to print box labels. Michael T at Dydacomp has been helpful says that we cannot print box labels because we do not UPS.

It seems very silly that you cannot print a box label because you do not use UPS. Has anyone run in to this problem and found a solution? There is still a lot of the world that is not covered in BROWN !!!

What do you use to print box labels? We now fold up the invoice and insert in to a clear self adhesive envelope that goes on to the box.

Thanks for your thoughts. Richard :rolleyes:

#4 Videoflicks2004

Videoflicks2004

GLOBAL MODERATOR

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 10 March 2007 - 10:40 AM

Hi Videoflicks2004.

We are CANADIAN!!

I think I talked to you before we purchased MOM in May 2006. We started using MOM 5.4 in January. We are unable to print box labels. Michael T at Dydacomp has been helpful says that we cannot print box labels because we do not UPS.

It seems very silly that you cannot print a box label because you do not use UPS. Has anyone run in to this problem and found a solution? There is still a lot of the world that is not covered in BROWN !!!

What do you use to print box labels? We now fold up the invoice and insert in to a clear self adhesive envelope that goes on to the box.

Thanks for your thoughts. Richard :rolleyes:

Hi Richard,

Nice to meet a fellow Canadian on the forum, eh! Regarding shipping labels, we purchased a thermal printer (gently used) on Ebay for about $60.00 USD. I highly recommend it. Now, we only use the the labelopes for Purolator only. Everything else ships Canada Post with thermal labels. -- Our integration with shipping systems in Canada (as you know) sucks. I contacted Harvey Soft but they didn't have a solution for us either.

Apparently there isn't enough biz in Canada to warrant the development.

We currently fold the invoice and place it inside the box. I'm considering adding E PDF burst from Live Ware Publishing to send out one of my custom invoice reports to email receipients automatically. For now I am running my invoice R&R report and "printing" a PDF file which I manually email. Customers love the info inadvance of the shipment.

Best,

David
David Narciso

[email protected]

#5 CDI Fulfillment

CDI Fulfillment

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 12 March 2007 - 03:52 PM

Hey Dave,

I'm not Canadian, but I do have a possible solution for you on the invoice emailing. Since you are already a R&R master, creating notices like this won't be a problem, and can be done for cheaper than the cost of PDF Eburst. I use a program called AY Mail 2 Pro (www.aysoft.com). I just create a report with R&R that has the data for the email. AY Mail does a mail merge using the CSV file that was created out of R&R. It is a fairly simple program to use and has a nice HTML editor for those of us that aren't quite up to speed on writing our own HMTL. The cost of the program is $169.95. I have been using it for about 6-8 months now without any issues.
Jay Snelgrove
Fulfillment Manager
CDI Media, Inc.

http://www.cdimedia.com

#6 notehead

notehead

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 30 April 2007 - 09:01 AM

I'm Canadian and am on Mom XL. Dave, we've chatted before.....

I'm using Clippership and have created my own integration (Out and In). It works great! The guy's a Canlogix did the clippership side and I use UPS, UPS Trade Direct (Cross Border UPS Account) and USPS. It's a little expensive to implement but we've save a small fortune since implementing.

notehead.....

#7 workuseonly04

workuseonly04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 10 July 2007 - 11:42 AM

Hi Richard,

Nice to meet a fellow Canadian on the forum, eh! Regarding shipping labels, we purchased a thermal printer (gently used) on Ebay for about $60.00 USD. I highly recommend it. Now, we only use the the labelopes for Purolator only. Everything else ships Canada Post with thermal labels. -- Our integration with shipping systems in Canada (as you know) sucks. I contacted Harvey Soft but they didn't have a solution for us either.

Apparently there isn't enough biz in Canada to warrant the development.

We currently fold the invoice and place it inside the box. I'm considering adding E PDF burst from Live Ware Publishing to send out one of my custom invoice reports to email receipients automatically. For now I am running my invoice R&R report and "printing" a PDF file which I manually email. Customers love the info inadvance of the shipment.
Best,

David

We're in Canada, like you we use a thermal printer for Canada Post labels. Using postal codes in Canada really reduces the effectiveness of the customer lookup option. Basically, you enter one wrong character if using the postal code in the look-up, will cause the record not to show up. Do you have any information on the MOM UK edition? Would it be easier to use in Canada? I guess it would all be setup to use Pounds instead of Dollars, but they also use postal codes.

Thanks
KJ
www.hedonics.com

#8 Nathan Freedman

Nathan Freedman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 21 August 2007 - 07:01 AM

All Canadian here. Not a MOM user yet but looking forward to joining the group if it supports our needs.

Nathan Freedman

#9 Usman Shafiq

Usman Shafiq

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 November 2007 - 03:07 AM

Hi, This post is very informative, however ther are some queries to ask about some specific topic. If someone can help me then please send me a private message. Thanks,

Property Directory | Wholesale Billiards
Wholesale Batteries |Stock Brokers Directory

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users