• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Kerrdogg

Kerrdogg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 January 2007 - 07:21 AM

I purchased MOM Soho 5.4 last year and was just recently able to install the software, because I am past my trial tech support dates MOM tech support will not answer my calls or emails. I am not really up to speed on computers but have a few good friends that help me out. We setup the import files and loaded everyhing into MOM and for the most part things seem to be working ok except for the following problems.

When adjusting stock levels in the "Adjust Inventory for a Stock Item" screen, the product will be added but it does not input the quanity into the bin. The current stock level will have the correct number but I won't be able to sell the product even though it's on the shelf because MOM doesn't see it in the bin.

UPS pricing seems low, our price level is set from 01/03/2005, does any one show a later date and know how to import this info?

When looking over reports some of the amounts dollar wise seem way off. Eample, we have one product with a quantity of 4 and a cost of $5.00, intead of an inventory value of $20.00 it shows $32,008.00.

My hair is slowly leaving my head in clumps as I continue to pull it out over this, some one please help.
John Kerr
Race Part Solutions

#2 dseibold

dseibold

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 23 January 2007 - 09:19 AM

I purchased MOM Soho 5.4 last year and was just recently able to install the software, because I am past my trial tech support dates MOM tech support will not answer my calls or emails. I am not really up to speed on computers but have a few good friends that help me out. We setup the import files and loaded everyhing into MOM and for the most part things seem to be working ok except for the following problems.

When adjusting stock levels in the "Adjust Inventory for a Stock Item" screen, the product will be added but it does not input the quanity into the bin. The current stock level will have the correct number but I won't be able to sell the product even though it's on the shelf because MOM doesn't see it in the bin.

UPS pricing seems low, our price level is set from 01/03/2005, does any one show a later date and know how to import this info?

When looking over reports some of the amounts dollar wise seem way off. Eample, we have one product with a quantity of 4 and a cost of $5.00, intead of an inventory value of $20.00 it shows $32,008.00.

My hair is slowly leaving my head in clumps as I continue to pull it out over this, some one please help.

Kerrdogg,
Buy some Rogaine and relax. I'm not familiar with the SOHO version but it probably follows the same format as the other MOM versions. Most of your problems are easily repaired.

1. You need tech support in the long run simply to keep up to date. You need to download all of the latest updates including the UPS pricing which was updated on January 1, 2007 and has some calculation differences that require updating MOM.

2. Hopefully you have dbuwin.exe in your MOMWIN folder. Look elsewhere on this forum for Dave Narcisco's excellent introduction to dbuwin. It will be a big help in getting started.

3. Use dbuwin.exe to correct your inventor.dbf, stock.dbf, and bin.dbf files to solve your bin problem. All three of these files must have the same total number of units for the stock item. I doubt if the problem is the "Adjust Inventory for Stock Item" program. Your error was probably caused by the original setup and needs to be corrected. The stock.units field is the total on hand. The bin.units field should total to the same number (You may have more than one bin for the product). The inventor.units field also must total to the same number (You may have received more than one delivery of items). The inventor.units field will override what your stock and bin quantities show whenever you reindex.

3. Your inventory value can be corrected by using dbuwin.exe to correct the stock.uncost field and the inventor.unit_cost field. This amount is calculated automatically and if the wrong price was put in once, it will foul everything up for a long time.

Good luck and be sure to ask if you have any problems.
David Seibold
Wild Horses, Inc.
Operations Manager

#3 Kerrdogg

Kerrdogg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 January 2007 - 03:30 PM

Thanks, David

I forwarded this info to one of my computer buddys and hopefully he can stop buy and look it over soon.

Any idea what the going rate for tech support is? Anyone been able to work a deal or is the price quoted written in stone?

Thanks.
John Kerr
Race Part Solutions

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users