MOMv3 reboots laptop

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_ChrisPols_*

Guest_ChrisPols_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 July 2004 - 04:15 AM

Hi guys,

I have a laptop running MOM v3 on windows 98se. When the user opens MOM, the fan starts going berserk, and the processor starts being throttled. It then reboots the machine. Is MOM v3 extremely CPU heavy, as this machine has been rebuilt and reloaded the other day.
We have just bought MOM v5 upgrade, will this help this machine overcome it's tendancy to reboot?

Thanks a lot,
Chris

#2 ChrisPols

ChrisPols

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 July 2004 - 04:17 AM

By the way, i've loaded all Service packs and anything from Microsoft to combat this problem. So in theory it shouldn't be a software issue. On the other hand, it is microsoft so anything could be the cause.

Thanks,

Chris

#3 admin

admin

Supreme Commander

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 16 July 2004 - 02:53 PM

How fast is the processor on the machine is question? I do know that v5 is going to be even more CPU intensive but it is possible that this could fix your problem. You might also make sure you have updated win98 with all of the windows updates.

Dana
Make sure to tell all the MOM users you know about this site!

#4 ChrisPols

ChrisPols

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 July 2004 - 06:43 AM

Hi again,

Just to let you know, we've upgraded to Mom V 5, and then back to 3 again. So will keep you informed about the change in versions, if that makes a difference.

thanks for the input.

Chris

#5 electronic

electronic

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 September 2004 - 11:39 AM

It sure seems like a problem with your laptop. MOM does not write to the laptop (workstation) it just sends the information to the server. It should barely use any CPU speed. MOM 5.1 may be quicker as it was programmed in Foxpro 8. Try formatting that laptop.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users