#1 johnay

johnay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 19 December 2006 - 04:01 PM

Hello!

We have a monthly promotional drawing, the winner of which receives a $25 gift certificate good for 3 months. Any idea how to handle that in MOM? Is it possible to "sell" them a $25.00 promo gift certificate for $0.00?

#2 CDI Fulfillment

CDI Fulfillment

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 20 December 2006 - 07:39 AM

Johnay - I have never really done anything with the Gift Certificate function, so I did some testing this morning. From what I can see, you have to "sell" the gift certificate for the value that you are gifting to your customer. As I am sure you are aware, when you set up the gift certifate item in Maintain Stock Items, you designate it as a Gift Certificate Item, that way when you enter your product code into the order, it will bring up a prompt that lets you enter in the value, expiration date, etc. In order to get the order value back down to $0.00, you can add a second "dummy" item with a negative value. This way, you end up with GC valued at $25.00, "dummy" valued at ($25.00) and a total order/invoice value of $0.00. Hope this at least helps you get going in the right direction.
Jay Snelgrove
Fulfillment Manager
CDI Media, Inc.

http://www.cdimedia.com

#3 johnay

johnay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 20 December 2006 - 07:57 AM

Actually, I just figured out I can just sell them a $25 gift certificate and apply a %100 discount to the line item. Seems to work.

#4 dseibold

dseibold

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 20 December 2006 - 08:56 AM

We have a similar situation, we make donations in kind and need to have a record of what we donate. We set up a service item of "DONATE" and charge the donation total to that line item. Thus the order has a zero amount due but the value of the donation is identified. At the end of the year, I search for all orders that sold a DONATE item and print out those orders for our tax person.

We have donated gift certificates in this way.
David Seibold
Wild Horses, Inc.
Operations Manager

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users