• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 MCC

MCC

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 January 2006 - 11:47 AM

I didn't know if this question should go into list management module. I'll try here first. What format should phone numbers be in to be correctly imported into the MOM customer file? I've stripped all non numeric chars. from the file and the phone numbers are a mess once they get into MOM. Thanks

#2 johnay

johnay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 01 February 2006 - 06:20 AM

There are phone # formats in the Country database table. They use "9" as a placeholder for any digit. The other digits force themselves into their place in the format as constants. Why they didn't use "#" as the variable digit placeholder and allow you to also force a "9" I have no idea.

I believe the only access other than the database utility is through Maintain > System Information > Global Parameters > Company Address. I have no idea why they stuck it there. Customer Entry would make more sense, but I guess they ran out of space.

#3 workuseonly04

workuseonly04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 01 February 2006 - 12:51 PM

All I know is how we import them into our system. We import them with the brackets, e.g. (800) 387-5533.

If we don't, the phone numbers are a mess after importing.

Our website requires they enter their phone number in this format, it will not allow them to proceed unless they do so.

Thanks,
KJ
http://www.hedonics.com

I didn't know if this question should go into list management module. I'll try here first. What format should phone numbers be in to be correctly imported into the MOM customer file? I've stripped all non numeric chars. from the file and the phone numbers are a mess once they get  into MOM. Thanks

View Post

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users