• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 KPS

KPS

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 03 November 2005 - 09:18 AM

Is anyone familiar with the Multi-company module? How is it different that having two installations of MOM. Is any information shared between the companies? Is it configurable?

Thanks

#2 Videoflicks2004

Videoflicks2004

GLOBAL MODERATOR

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 241 posts
  • Interests:~ DVD ~ BLUE RAY ~ HD DVD ~ HOLOGRAPHIC DVD ~ Quantum Computing.

Posted 03 November 2005 - 05:08 PM

Is anyone familiar with the Multi-company module? How is it different that having two installations of MOM. Is any information shared between the companies? Is it configurable?

Thanks

View Post

Hi KPS,

The multi co module allows your workstations to switch between the seperate installations of MOM.

The multicompany module installs a subdirectory in the root directory with all the necessary mom files.

MAIN MOM = C:MOMWIN/
MultiCo= C:MOMWIN/COMPANY2/

You might be able to have two seperate MOMWIN directories on seperate partitions on the same server...

Example:

MAIN MOM = C:MOMWIN/
MAIN MOM = D:MOMWIN/

...but you would have to install the workstations on seperate machines or on seperate users on an XP/ win2k pc.
(Each workstation install would then point to the appropriate MOMWIN folder.

Mind you, that might be illegal since you only paid for one licence.

Cheers,

David
David Narciso
Ecommerce Operations Manager CVS Inc

[email protected]

mobile: 4168238175

DISCLAIMER: Always backup your MOMWIN folder before attempting to perform any updates, testing, etc. Once you blast the data away it's gone forever.
My advice is based on my 8 years of experience with MOM and Dydacomp. If you are not comfortable with data manipulation then hire someone who is.

#3 malaize

malaize

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts
  • Interests:Computers, weight lifting, excercise, sports, Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, toys, video games, eating

Posted 04 November 2005 - 08:40 AM

Thanks

View Post

Hi KPS,

We use the Multi Company module for three companies, and it works perfectly for us. Very simple to set up additional companies.

malaize

#4 Videoflicks2004

Videoflicks2004

GLOBAL MODERATOR

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 241 posts
  • Interests:~ DVD ~ BLUE RAY ~ HD DVD ~ HOLOGRAPHIC DVD ~ Quantum Computing.

Posted 04 November 2005 - 06:37 PM

Hey,

I forgot to mention that the Multi Co module does not have any additional config options. Unless you pay for custom work you can not share inventory, customer, or anything else.

Regards,

David
David Narciso
Ecommerce Operations Manager CVS Inc

[email protected]

mobile: 4168238175

DISCLAIMER: Always backup your MOMWIN folder before attempting to perform any updates, testing, etc. Once you blast the data away it's gone forever.
My advice is based on my 8 years of experience with MOM and Dydacomp. If you are not comfortable with data manipulation then hire someone who is.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users