• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jackhwl

jackhwl

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 October 2005 - 05:13 AM

We are currently running V5.2 and have just encountered an unusual but potentially major problem with the printing of our pick slips. We use the pick list/invoice combination option, so we only get one document per order instead of a separate invoice. We have been using MOM for about 4 years, and this is the first time(I think) that the batch processing has created duplicate documents for the orders. Our order fulfillment people noticed the dups, and separated them into separate groups. I thought at first that our operator had just printed them twice, but they had been interspersed. However, not all of the orders were duplicated. There was a small group of orders that had been printed only once. I don't know of anything that our operator could have done to create this situation.
Has anyone else encountered a similar problem, and if so, how was it resolved? Any assistance would be appreciated.

John Howells
W. Atlee Burpee & Co.

#2 Videoflicks2004

Videoflicks2004

GLOBAL MODERATOR

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 241 posts
  • Interests:~ DVD ~ BLUE RAY ~ HD DVD ~ HOLOGRAPHIC DVD ~ Quantum Computing.

Posted 13 October 2005 - 05:46 PM

We are currently running V5.2 and have just encountered an unusual but potentially major problem with the printing of our pick slips. We use the pick list/invoice combination option, so we only get one document per order instead of a separate invoice. We have been using MOM for about 4 years, and this is the first time(I think) that the batch processing has created duplicate documents for the orders. Our order fulfillment people noticed the dups, and separated them into separate groups. I thought at first that our operator had just printed them twice, but they had been interspersed. However, not all of the orders were duplicated. There was a small group of orders that had been printed only once. I don't know of anything that our operator could have done to create this situation.
Has anyone else encountered a similar problem, and if so, how was it resolved? Any assistance would be appreciated.

John Howells
W. Atlee Burpee & Co.

View Post

Hi John,

My first inclination would be that the operator pressed the print button twice. MOM uses the Windows print mechanism to output your documents. If the print spooler fails for any reason the job may have loaded partially. If the operator hit PRINT once more he may have inadvertanly sent a second batch of picklist / invoices to the printer.

Fortunately somebody caught the dups this time. How can you be certain they didn't miss them in the past?

I had a similar duplication opportunity in the past. This prompted me to create a scan and pack utility which tracks our invoice numbers and products. This might be something you should look into.

Best,

Dave
David Narciso
Ecommerce Operations Manager CVS Inc

[email protected]

mobile: 4168238175

DISCLAIMER: Always backup your MOMWIN folder before attempting to perform any updates, testing, etc. Once you blast the data away it's gone forever.
My advice is based on my 8 years of experience with MOM and Dydacomp. If you are not comfortable with data manipulation then hire someone who is.

#3 RonPatla

RonPatla

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 October 2005 - 09:02 AM

I too am getting some duplicate reports printed when I only want one. It hasn't happened with the pick-list/invoices but I've been getting it on some other reports I'm printing. Haven't figured out why I'm getting the duplicates yet though. I'm using Ver 5.3. We just started using it for real a couple weeks ago.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users