• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 MerchantSmurf

MerchantSmurf

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 12 July 2005 - 09:38 AM

I am trying to update the Stockinf.Fullinfo field from an external table.

I saved the table containing the data I need as a dbf file and have it opened in Dbuwin.
I open the Stockinf Table.
Using replace, I select the fields. So far so good.

What I can not figure out is some sort of WHERE clause to link the tables by the number field.

I am hoping this can be done with the Scope, For or While criteria.
Can this be done with Dbuwin?

Any example of the expression to use would be greatly appreciated. :)

#2 notehead

notehead

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 22 July 2005 - 10:57 AM

To do the join in dbuwin you need to specify the releationship in the main window. First set the index sequence in both tables (the pull down) to the related feilds. Then select the parent table (the many in a one to many relationship or it doesn't matter) Then push the relations button. Then double click the child table. You will be prompted with an expression builder. Add the related feild in the expression box e.g. items.number. You will then see the relation in the relations window.

#3 notehead

notehead

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 22 July 2005 - 11:14 AM

To do the join in dbuwin you need to specify the releationship in the main window. First set the index sequence in both tables (the pull down) to the related feilds. Then select the parent table (the many in a one to many relationship or it doesn't matter) Then push the relations button. Then double click the child table. You will be prompted with an expression builder. Add the related feild in the expression box e.g. items.number. You will then see the relation in the relations window.

#4 MerchantSmurf

MerchantSmurf

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 10 August 2005 - 11:42 AM

Thanks!

I was still not able to get this to work, but I am on the right track now, so this was a big help.

:D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users