#1 interwoven

interwoven

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 01 July 2005 - 10:34 AM

Hello all,
Just looking for some feedback from those of you that do not use Dydacomp support contracts. I am debating on whether to renew this year or not and just go with web support so I can receive program updates and such.

Although I am very pleased with the support techs overall they are not of much use if you can't get thru to them. The last 8 times I called I had to hang up before a tech answered because of hold times exceeding 5-10 minutes. One time I was not here and one of our reps had a problem and she was on hold for over 20 minutes and it kicked her out of the cue. I managed to solve the problems on my own eventually so it makes me wonder if I really need support. Had they answered in a reasonable amount of time I doubt I would be typing this. I do realize that it is tough to have the perfect amount of people at all times but lately it seems that they have been having problems and I hate to pay for something I cannot use.

So my thoughts are:

Some things make me nervous like the gldone files that you need when an install doesn't go right. That was one time I really needed support but while waiting I looked around in here and Yahoo and I found the files and fixed it before support answered the phone! I had customers waiting and was on hold for 15 minutes and actually fixed it and hung up before they answered. Plus they didn't have those files anywhere to download anyways and they would have had to email them to me. I feel they should have those posted on their website for download. What if that happened on a weekend?

Any other things that are disabling like that or are those type things rare?

Basically the guts seem solid in the program and it looks like I would have to do something really reckless to cause a problem.

I,ve been using MOM for about a year and a half now without major problems. Think it's wise to pull the plug on support? It's not really the cost for us it's the unavailability of it.

Thanks for any feedback you can provide.

Brian Needels
Hanks Clothing
www.hanksclothing.com

(I do want to add that I never could have gotten MOM up and running as fast as I did without the folks at tech support. We received the MOM program on March 1st, 2004 and had it installed, all inventory in, and started using MOM March 15th, 2004. Support was priceless during this setup time and I couldn't have done it without them)

#2 Videoflicks2004

Videoflicks2004

GLOBAL MODERATOR

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 241 posts
  • Interests:~ DVD ~ BLUE RAY ~ HD DVD ~ HOLOGRAPHIC DVD ~ Quantum Computing.

Posted 04 July 2005 - 07:31 PM

Hello all,
Just looking for some feedback from those of you that do not use Dydacomp support contracts. I am debating on whether to renew this year or not and just go with web support so I can receive program updates and such.

Although I am very pleased with the support techs overall they are not of much use if you can't get thru to them. The last 8 times I called I had to hang up before a tech answered because of hold times exceeding 5-10 minutes. One time I was not here and one of our reps had a problem and she was on hold for over 20 minutes and it kicked her out of the cue. I managed to solve the problems on my own eventually so it makes me wonder if I really need support. Had they answered in a reasonable amount of time I doubt I would be typing this. I do realize that it is tough to have the perfect amount of people at all times but lately it seems that they have been having problems and I hate to pay for something I cannot use.

So my thoughts are:

Some things make me nervous like the gldone files that you need when an install doesn't go right. That was one time I really needed support but while waiting I looked around in here and Yahoo and I found the files and fixed it before support answered the phone! I had customers waiting and was on hold for 15 minutes and actually fixed it and hung up before they answered. Plus they didn't have those files anywhere to download anyways and they would have had to email them to me. I feel they should have those posted on their website for download. What if that happened on a weekend?

Any other things that are disabling like that or are those type things rare?

Basically the guts seem solid in the program and it looks like I would have to do something really reckless to cause a problem.

I,ve been using MOM for about a year and a half now without major problems. Think it's wise to pull the plug on support? It's not really the cost for us it's the unavailability of it.

Thanks for any feedback you can provide.

Brian Needels
Hanks Clothing
www.hanksclothing.com

(I do want to add that I never could have gotten MOM up and running as fast as I did without the folks at tech support. We received the MOM program on March 1st, 2004 and had it installed, all inventory in, and started using MOM March 15th, 2004. Support was priceless during this setup time and I couldn't have done it without them)

View Post

Hey,

I'll give you my 2 cents since ya asked.

I was in a similar situation about a year and a half ago. I knew quite a bit about MOM but I didn't have these forums to help. I decided that I would let the support elapse pending a "real" problem I couldn't fix. 1 year and 6 months later I have yet to run into a problem I couldn't fix myself.

The secret... Back up ! Back up! Back up!

I find that most of my potential problems are due to my testing with the system. So I always backup before I try anything.

If you need the support from Dydacomp you can always pay up when (if) the day comes up.

Otherwise, you are in pretty good shape now that this forum is here.

Cheers,

Dave

** Disclaimer : This is my personal opinion based on my own experience with MOM 4.3 - - I am not advising anyone to discontinue tech support with Dydacomp.
David Narciso
Ecommerce Operations Manager CVS Inc

[email protected]

mobile: 4168238175

DISCLAIMER: Always backup your MOMWIN folder before attempting to perform any updates, testing, etc. Once you blast the data away it's gone forever.
My advice is based on my 8 years of experience with MOM and Dydacomp. If you are not comfortable with data manipulation then hire someone who is.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users