• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 bbdesign

bbdesign

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 27 June 2005 - 05:53 AM

I'm a complete newbie to MOM. Yet, I've been assigned the task of creating a custom shopping cart system. I need to export out the product/pricing data to a web server. I was hoping to be able to look in the MOM directory and easily spot a table with this information. Instead, I found dozens of DBF files, one of which was over 650mb!!! Anyway, is there posted somewhere a reference as to what all these tables are, and how I might understand which ones I need, how they interact, etc.? My needs are very simple for now, just need product titles, descriptions, item numbers, prices, etc.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

#2 ypf1258

ypf1258

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 27 June 2005 - 07:42 PM

I'm a complete newbie to MOM. Yet, I've been assigned the task of creating a custom shopping cart system. I need to export out the product/pricing data to a web server. I was hoping to be able to look in the MOM directory and easily spot a table with this information. Instead, I found dozens of DBF files, one of which was over 650mb!!! Anyway, is there posted somewhere a reference as to what all these tables are, and how I might understand which ones I need, how they interact, etc.? My needs are very simple for now, just need product titles, descriptions, item numbers, prices, etc.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

View Post

stock.dbf has all the inf you need
number = item #
desc =des1
desc2= des2
units= num of units in stock
low= reorder qnty
unitweight = the unit wight
uncost = unit cost (this price is either an average price or last paid price depends how mom is setup)
price1= is regular customer price
bounits= is# units bo
onorder= # units on order
commited= # of units committed (etc. order on hold)
sold= paid but not shipped
the rest of the fields i don't think you need if you need more inf ill be glad to help you

#3 dseibold

dseibold

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 28 June 2005 - 07:58 AM

Go to your MomWin folder on your computer. Run momhelp.chm
Look in the index for the Data Dictionary. Print it out.

This listing will guide you through the basic tables and fields of MOM. It is not a complete listing but should get you started. When you have a specific need that you have trouble solving, let us know and we will be happy to guide you to where to find the data you need.

David
David Seibold
Wild Horses, Inc.
Operations Manager

#4 bbdesign

bbdesign

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 28 June 2005 - 05:43 PM

Thank you all very much for the assistance, I think this will help a lot!

#5 bbdesign

bbdesign

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 01 September 2005 - 09:54 AM

OK, now I'm trying to figure out how to separate out various departments from the STOCK table. I thought I would be able to use codes that SiteLink has in the URLs. For example, dept=1003, I'm looking for a field that holds the department number values, but can't find any. Is that located in a different table? Or is there a better way to separate specific departments in the STOCK database?

Other possibilities are the ASSOC or SALES_DEPT fields, maybe? They appear to have codes in them that are unrelated to the dept= value in SiteLink URLs.

Thanks!

#6 dseibold

dseibold

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 01 September 2005 - 02:32 PM

I don't have sitelink so you will have to check this out... but the way the tables are laid out, I would think you would find your department codes in the INETDEP field of the STOCK table. If this is not correct, check the Sitelink tab on the Stock Item Information form. That should help you identify the proper field.

The ASSOC field is used for the Product Classification Code.
The SALES_DEPT field is a General Ledger code.

Hope this helps!
David Seibold
Wild Horses, Inc.
Operations Manager

#7 bbdesign

bbdesign

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 06 September 2005 - 05:24 AM

I found a table called SL_DEPT which seems to have all the department codes and names of departments. However, I cannot find the link between SL_DEPT and STOCK. For example, for my DEPTCODE value 1003 in SL_DEPT ("Basketball Apparel"), the number 1003 does not appear anywhere in STOCK. The SiteLink website is working properly, including the display of the Basketball Apparel department and corresponding items for sale, so there must be a functioning link somewhere, I just cannot seem to figure out what it is.

INETDEP is completely blank in the STOCK table.

ASSOC contains some 2-5 character letter codes that I cannot decipher, and do not seems to correspond to anything in SL_DEPT.

SALES_DEPT contains 2 character letter codes that sort of make sense, but still don't correspond to the department codes in SL_DEPT, which is what I really want to do.

#8 notehead

notehead

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 07 September 2005 - 07:07 AM

Look in SL_PRODS. that's the link between stock and SL_DEPTS. You will hit a wall when you try to look at the stockmem table as they've encrypted the data. Explicitly to prevent what you're trying to do.

I've got a reasonable amount of experience if you want to chat directly msn me: [email protected]

nh

#9 johnay

johnay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 07 September 2005 - 02:21 PM

Go to your MomWin folder on your computer. Run momhelp.chm
Look in the index for the Data Dictionary. Print it out.

Hey all. New user here too.

The strangest thing: I couldn't run momhelp.chm in the momwin folder, but it ran just fine launched from within Winzip when I used that to open the latest update file.

Wouldn't even run from the momwin folder after i manually extracted it to there with Winzip. The help viewer comes up but with an IE error message where the text should be, saying:

Action canceled
Internet Explorer was unable to link to the Web page you requested. The page might be temporarily unavailable.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please try the following:

Click the  Refresh button, or try again later.

If you have visited this page previously and you want to view what has been stored on your computer, click File, and then click Work Offline.

For information about offline browsing with Internet Explorer, click the Help menu, and then click Contents and Index.

Internet Explorer 

Subsequent clicks on topics in the tree display a blank page.

I copied the file to another directory on the same drive and got the same thing. I copied it do a directory on my C: drive and it works fine. What the heck?

Win2k, BTW.

#10 notehead

notehead

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 09 September 2005 - 08:40 AM

I had a similar problem a while back look here maybe it will help.

http://www.grainge.o...-026_update.htm

nh

#11 johnay

johnay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 09 September 2005 - 02:37 PM

Thanks Notehead. The fix works great.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users