• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 malaize

malaize

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts
  • Interests:Computers, weight lifting, excercise, sports, Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, toys, video games, eating

Posted 15 June 2005 - 06:23 AM

Our MOM users have been telling me that the "Waiting for Lock" message has been displaying more frequently on the status bar when they are looking up things in MOM 5.2. They say they get it when they are looking up a customer, product, or when trying to enter a cc #. I upgraded us to MOM 5.2 12 days ago. Does the lock occur more frequently when more users are in MOM? We currently have 9 user licenses.

thanks, malaize

#2 Videoflicks2004

Videoflicks2004

GLOBAL MODERATOR

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 241 posts
  • Interests:~ DVD ~ BLUE RAY ~ HD DVD ~ HOLOGRAPHIC DVD ~ Quantum Computing.

Posted 15 June 2005 - 04:09 PM

Our MOM users have been telling me that the "Waiting for Lock" message has been displaying more frequently on the status bar when they are looking up things in MOM 5.2.  They say they get it when they are looking up a customer, product, or when trying to enter a cc #.  I upgraded us to MOM 5.2 12 days ago.  Does the lock occur more frequently when more users are in MOM?  We currently have 9 user licenses.

thanks, malaize

View Post

Malaize,

Do you have the AIM module? Would you mind providing some feedback on it.

Cheers,

Videoflicks2004
David Narciso
Ecommerce Operations Manager CVS Inc

[email protected]

mobile: 4168238175

DISCLAIMER: Always backup your MOMWIN folder before attempting to perform any updates, testing, etc. Once you blast the data away it's gone forever.
My advice is based on my 8 years of experience with MOM and Dydacomp. If you are not comfortable with data manipulation then hire someone who is.

#3 malaize

malaize

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts
  • Interests:Computers, weight lifting, excercise, sports, Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, toys, video games, eating

Posted 20 June 2005 - 08:21 AM

Malaize,

Do you have the AIM module?  Would you mind providing some feedback on it.

Cheers,

Videoflicks2004

View Post

Hi Videoflicks2004,

No we do not use the AIM module.

thanks,

malaize

#4 Guest_Jaaay_*

Guest_Jaaay_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 June 2005 - 12:50 PM

Hello,

I would be instrested in knowing what server you have MOM running on that has this locking issue.

We see it every great once in a while.

We are running MOM on a HP proliant 380DL Dual Xeon 3Ghz running terminal service for all 12 users. Which seems to work very well.

But I will hold off the 5.2 upgrade if this is a major problem.

Thanks, Jaaay

#5 Tina

Tina

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 14 July 2005 - 09:24 AM

We have been experiencing the same problem since we upgraded to 5.2. Have you fixed the problem yet? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Tina
Catalog Center <_<

#6 rrinker

rrinker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 15 July 2005 - 07:09 AM

How many users do you have? The frequency of lock contentions is directly related to the number of simultaneous users doing the same function or functions that require access to the same tables.
This may not be a bad thing - perhaps Dydacomp's programmers have realized there are a few more places where they need table and record locks to prevent data corruption.

--Randy

#7 Tina

Tina

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 15 July 2005 - 07:34 AM

How many users do you have? The frequency of lock contentions is directly related to the number of simultaneous users doing the same function or functions that require access to the same tables.
This may not be a bad thing - perhaps Dydacomp's programmers have realized there are a few more places where they need table and record locks to prevent data corruption.
                --Randy

View Post

We have 11 users and about 8 our working in the product fields. By the way we do have the AIM feature.

Thanks

Tina

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users