6 replies to this topic

#1 AJS73

AJS73

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 23 May 2005 - 05:33 PM

Hi,

Does anyone else out there have a need or desire to sell from a pooled inventory with multi-companies?

For example, let's say that you already sell widegets from Widgetsrus.com. And you'd like to also sell the same widget, but out of another business named blueriverwidgets.com. You'd like to do ordering from one, take orders from both. Customers wouldn't know the relationship between the companies, and you could have totally different pricing levels, discounts, etc with each company.

I've been trying to demonstrate to Dydacomp that this feature would be in demand (their competition already offers it) and I'm very curious to know who else out there would be interested in such an ability if it were offered as a module.

If you're interested in such a thing, please let me know!

Thanks in advance,
Andrew

[email protected]

805-278-1232x204

#2 ypf1258

ypf1258

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 23 May 2005 - 08:24 PM

Hi,

Does anyone else out there have a need or desire to sell from a pooled inventory with multi-companies?

For example, let's say that you already sell widegets from Widgetsrus.com. And you'd like to also sell the same widget, but out of another business named blueriverwidgets.com. You'd like to do ordering from one, take orders from both. Customers wouldn't know the relationship between the companies, and you could have totally different pricing levels, discounts, etc with each company.

I've been trying to demonstrate to Dydacomp that this feature would be in demand (their competition already offers it) and I'm very curious to know who else out there would be interested in such an ability if it were offered as a module.

If you're interested in such a thing, please let me know!
Thanks in advance,
Andrew

[email protected]

805-278-1232x204

View Post

Yes we are

#3 AJS73

AJS73

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 25 May 2005 - 12:59 PM

Hey,

It'd help me greatly as I speak with Dydacomp if you could tell me who you are. They'll give this request a little more weight if they know real people are requesting the feature.

Thanks,
Andrew

#4 Videoflicks2004

Videoflicks2004

GLOBAL MODERATOR

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 241 posts
  • Interests:~ DVD ~ BLUE RAY ~ HD DVD ~ HOLOGRAPHIC DVD ~ Quantum Computing.

Posted 29 May 2005 - 04:33 AM

AJ,

Don't hold your breath. I requested this feature from Dydacomp over 3 years ago. I'm still waiting.

I wanted to use MOM Multi Company to sell the same inventory on two websites. Dydacomp told me to contact MOM HELPERS. Apparently they can create a sync tool that will do this task (approx cost 3000 US).

Cheers,

David
David Narciso
Ecommerce Operations Manager CVS Inc

[email protected]

mobile: 4168238175

DISCLAIMER: Always backup your MOMWIN folder before attempting to perform any updates, testing, etc. Once you blast the data away it's gone forever.
My advice is based on my 8 years of experience with MOM and Dydacomp. If you are not comfortable with data manipulation then hire someone who is.

#5 Guest_Mike_*

Guest_Mike_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 June 2005 - 10:49 AM

I've got the same frustration. The best solution we've come up with is to enter each company as a customer in the other Multi-Companies. Set the "customer's" low level at zero in their database and you will only need to "order" the product when a unit actually sells. By doing this, you store the inventory in only Multi-Company until it sells in another and inventory counts are much easier. The "customer" company simply receives the product via purchase order. Its a workaround, but gets the job done.

#6 Stockroom.com

Stockroom.com

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 October 2005 - 11:28 AM

If that feature were available, we would be using it.

As long as it isn't, that might be one reason for us to switch to something else.

#7 notehead

notehead

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 20 October 2005 - 06:39 AM

We would have loved it but we are abandoning that concept and moving to a single company model which will be much simpler to deal with. We have multi currency issues with credit cards/customers and the like but we mastered all of those issues. On the front end everything is the same on the back we just filter invoice batches based on customer type 1. It's all pretty slick.

We had the sitelink people point 2 websites at the same data and have slightly different queries pulling up appropriate data to the different sites. I must say when it's finally put into production (early Nov. 05) it will be very cool.

If any one is interested in knowing more I'm happy to share.

n

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users