• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 edithmbooth

edithmbooth

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 April 2005 - 11:20 AM

We are having all the trouble in the world installing MOM v5 to XP with SP2. We have had no problems with XP with no upgrade and Windows 98.
If you know of any know fixes or why I am having such trouble ...PLEASE....HELP!!

Thanks a zillion in advance!

#2 carrotink

carrotink

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 July 2005 - 07:10 AM

While I'm no expert - I have learned about this problem the hard way.

From an XP SP2 pc, if you install MOM 5.anything while other users are logged in, you will trash some files required for MOM to run - but not data. The problem will not present itself - it seems - until all users are logged out - in our case, the following day.

I just spoke with Dydacomp today - July 22, 2005, and they said there still is not a "fix". It's not really there fault, it seems Win XP SP 2 will damage the MOM files - a driver or DLL, during the installation of MOM (not during the XPSP2 upgrade).

If you do install this by mistake, fear not, your data is safe - but users will not be able to login. Dydacomp has a real easy fix for this. You replace a couple of files and you are back up.

So, how DO you install MOM Client 5.x on an XP SP 2 pc? Only when all users are out. - A good way to confirm this is to attempt to re-index files from MOM - it will check for anyone being logged in.

Note, this problem does not apply to UPGRADING an XP SP 1 box to SP2 IF MOM is already installed.

Hope this is helpful to anyone in a pinch.

John

#3 Guest_cfweb_*

Guest_cfweb_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 December 2005 - 08:50 AM

There is a new MOM fix that they can email.
Wish they had it on their support site.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users