• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Herbie

Herbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 March 2005 - 08:29 AM

HI! I've been singlehandedly fighting through MOM set up for a small business i run (not own) and i know virtually nothing about computers or this program. I've learned a lot in the past 3 months but it would be really helpful to sit and talk with someone who's actually worked with the MOM program. And it would be great to see it in action....so far to me its a really big program that looks like it'll work great but thats about it. If you're anywhere near Kalispell, Montana and you're using the MOM program, please contact me! It may mean the difference of me turning gray and going slightly insane by age 60 rather then 22! ;)

Thank you so much!
Carolyn

#2 Guest_Guess Who?_*

Guest_Guess Who?_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 April 2005 - 11:06 AM

HI! I've been singlehandedly fighting through MOM set up for a small business i run (not own) and i know virtually nothing about computers or this program. I've learned a lot in the past 3 months but it would be really helpful to sit and talk with someone who's actually worked with the MOM program. And it would be great to see it in action....so far to me its a really big program that looks like it'll work great but thats about it. If you're anywhere near Kalispell, Montana and you're using the MOM program, please contact me! It may mean the difference of me turning gray and going slightly insane by age 60 rather then 22!  ;)

Thank you so much!
Carolyn

View Post

Whatever you do be careful, If I had the knowledge then, to what I have now, we would never have got MOM, We are in the UK and use the support of a UK company, which is a big part of our problem, but there is fundamental issues with the Dydacomp update procedures.
Any updates they release are simply not tested enough. I have emailed them expressing my concerns and that it feels like we are all testers. Many recent updates have resulted in more faults/errors, that are not advised. The website does not even tell you what the update is for.

The choice is yours.

#3 Mailsolve

Mailsolve

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 25 April 2005 - 04:42 AM

Whatever you do be careful, If I had the knowledge then, to what I have now, we would never have got MOM, We are in the UK and use the support of a UK company, which is a big part of our problem, but there is fundamental issues with the Dydacomp update procedures.
Any updates they release are simply not tested enough. I have emailed them expressing my concerns and that it feels like we are all testers. Many recent updates have resulted in more faults/errors, that are not advised. The website does not even tell you what the update is for.

The choice is yours.

View Post

We are the UK Company supporting MOM. There were some issues when upgrading from 5 to version 520 as this was a major change and most UK companies were told to reframe from uploading until fully tested. Obviously this particular one seems to have jumped the gun. We have almost 70 satisfied companies in the UK who not only have no problems using MOM, but sing its praises. We are happy to offer these as references and they do not hide in anonymity.

#4 George

George

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 May 2005 - 02:30 PM

I'm not very close to Kalispell, but am in the Seattle area. I can tell you that MOM is a great program to use for the price, but you may have to alter some of your business policies to fit MOM, rather than the other way around.

Do you have the training book that comes with MOM? It's a small, spiral-bound book that walks you through all of the basic functions. If not, see if you can get your boss to buy one from Dydacomp. It should have come with the original disk.

From that point, you'll really just pick up skills as you need them. I find that I often have to "trick" the system to get the results I want.

If you have more details about the problems you want to overcome, I'll be happy to provide any input if I've experienced the same issue.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users