• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Luke

Luke

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 January 2005 - 08:04 PM

Often times our S&H crew will have a UPS tracking number and need to find out which MOM customer corresponds to that TN. Before, they would call UPS for the receiver's name. Now they use DBFview (http://www.dbfview.com/) to search the TRACKINGNO column of BOX.dbf. Then they scroll over to the first column which contains the order number, then go back into MOM and search for that order.

It's pretty simple, but basically it boils down to me not wanting to make the S&H crew operate a DBF viewer (they don't even use MOM).

dbfview may or may not have the ability to automate the task, I just haven't tackled that yet.

#2 Videoflicks2004

Videoflicks2004

GLOBAL MODERATOR

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 241 posts
  • Interests:~ DVD ~ BLUE RAY ~ HD DVD ~ HOLOGRAPHIC DVD ~ Quantum Computing.

Posted 17 January 2005 - 08:22 PM

Often times our S&H crew will have a UPS tracking number and need to find out which MOM customer corresponds to that TN. Before, they would call UPS for the receiver's name. Now they use DBFview (http://www.dbfview.com/) to search the TRACKINGNO column of BOX.dbf. Then they scroll over to the first column which contains the order number, then go back into MOM and search for that order.

It's pretty simple, but basically it boils down to me not wanting to make the S&H crew operate a DBF viewer (they don't even use MOM).

dbfview may or may not have the ability to automate the task, I just haven't tackled that yet.

View Post

Hey Luke,

Welcome to the forum. I'm just curious as to why you don't use the Tracking Number lookup field in MOM on the LOOK UP CUST SCREEN?

Cheers,

David
David Narciso
Ecommerce Operations Manager CVS Inc

[email protected]

mobile: 4168238175

DISCLAIMER: Always backup your MOMWIN folder before attempting to perform any updates, testing, etc. Once you blast the data away it's gone forever.
My advice is based on my 8 years of experience with MOM and Dydacomp. If you are not comfortable with data manipulation then hire someone who is.

#3 Luke

Luke

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 January 2005 - 08:16 PM

...Because when the staff told me they didn't have a way to lookup tracking numbers I of course didn't even bother to look in MOM myself! Typical. Thanks for pointing that out!

#4 Videoflicks2004

Videoflicks2004

GLOBAL MODERATOR

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 241 posts
  • Interests:~ DVD ~ BLUE RAY ~ HD DVD ~ HOLOGRAPHIC DVD ~ Quantum Computing.

Posted 21 January 2005 - 07:15 AM

...Because when the staff told me they didn't have a way to lookup tracking numbers I of course didn't even bother to look in MOM myself! Typical. Thanks for pointing that out!

View Post

Luke,

That's what Im' here for. You may want to try one of the mom training sessions in NJ. I've gone to 2 and they are worth every penny. Or as an inexpensive option just sit down and watch the entire demo on cd. You can order one from Dydacomp.

Before you know you it you will be anticipating the staff's needs at every turn.

Cheers,

David
David Narciso
Ecommerce Operations Manager CVS Inc

[email protected]

mobile: 4168238175

DISCLAIMER: Always backup your MOMWIN folder before attempting to perform any updates, testing, etc. Once you blast the data away it's gone forever.
My advice is based on my 8 years of experience with MOM and Dydacomp. If you are not comfortable with data manipulation then hire someone who is.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users