• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Videoflicks2004

Videoflicks2004

GLOBAL MODERATOR

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 241 posts
  • Interests:~ DVD ~ BLUE RAY ~ HD DVD ~ HOLOGRAPHIC DVD ~ Quantum Computing.

Posted 17 January 2005 - 06:56 PM

We have spent a fortune trying to integrate MOM with Canada Post. The best we can do is an export from MOM into a temp file which we convert to a file we can import into Electronic Shipping Services (Canada Post).

I'd love some feed back from any Canucks out there.

Cheers,

David
David Narciso
Ecommerce Operations Manager CVS Inc

[email protected]

mobile: 4168238175

DISCLAIMER: Always backup your MOMWIN folder before attempting to perform any updates, testing, etc. Once you blast the data away it's gone forever.
My advice is based on my 8 years of experience with MOM and Dydacomp. If you are not comfortable with data manipulation then hire someone who is.

#2 notehead

notehead

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 06 December 2005 - 06:21 PM

Done the same. I have the shipper generate the file (through an Access DB) and then import to VCD. Clunky solution but better than nothing. I import US Shippments as well. Now that's really clunky...because customs detail had to come in as well.

I had a meeting with some tech VP from Canada Post and complained about thier lame non-solution. They said they'd look into it. Yeah.....

They're on an Oracle platform and it is so foreign to me I have no idea how to hack in but I have heard (on the QT) that the system has been hacked by people like us looking for a decent solution.

n

#3 Videoflicks2004

Videoflicks2004

GLOBAL MODERATOR

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 06 December 2005 - 07:33 PM

Done the same. I have the shipper generate the file (through an Access DB) and then import to VCD. Clunky solution but better than nothing. I import US Shippments as well. Now that's really clunky...because customs detail had to come in as well.

I had a meeting with some tech VP from Canada Post and complained about thier lame non-solution. They said they'd look into it. Yeah.....

They're on an Oracle platform and it is so foreign to me I have no idea how to hack in but I have heard (on the QT) that the system has been hacked by people like us looking for a decent solution.

n

View Post

Hey Notehead,

Do you (or anyone on your team) have any working knowledge of VB ? I've got a script that takes the MOM export of invoices and converts it to a file for importing into VCD.

Let me know if you are interested in it. Best,

Dave ( [email protected])
David Narciso

[email protected]

DISCLAIMER: Always backup your MOMWIN folder before attempting to perform any updates, testing, etc. Once you blast the data away it's gone forever.
My advice is based on my 8 years of experience with MOM and Dydacomp. If you are not comfortable with data manipulation then hire someone who is.

#4 notehead

notehead

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 07 December 2005 - 08:56 AM

Hey Notehead,

Do you (or anyone on your team) have any working knowledge of VB ?  I've got a script that takes the MOM export of invoices and converts it to a file for importing into VCD. 

Let me know if you are interested in it.  Best,

Dave  ( [email protected])

View Post

I do...it is pretty much the same as asp/vbscript/vba....I'm just using MSaccess to compile and export the info with some VBA at the end to do the US customs file format. Send me the script...I'll have a look....

Gotta find someone who knows a little about Oracle so that we can write directly to VCD.....

n

#5 notehead

notehead

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 07 December 2005 - 09:03 AM

Hey Notehead,

Do you (or anyone on your team) have any working knowledge of VB ?  I've got a script that takes the MOM export of invoices and converts it to a file for importing into VCD. 

Let me know if you are interested in it.  Best,

Dave  ( [email protected])

View Post

I do...it is pretty much the same as asp/vbscript/vba....I'm just using MSaccess to compile and export the info with some VBA at the end to do the US customs file format. Send me the script...I'll have a look....

Gotta find someone who knows a little about Oracle so that we can write directly to VCD.....

n

#6 Videoflicks2004

Videoflicks2004

GLOBAL MODERATOR

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 07 December 2005 - 04:51 PM

n

View Post

Hey Notehead,

I'll send you the stuff tomorrow.

Best,

Dave
David Narciso

[email protected]

#7 Guest_Leo Strnot_*

Guest_Leo Strnot_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 February 2006 - 08:39 PM

Hi all, My Company is Advanced Logistics Systems In Spokane WA . We have done work with Canada Post to are shipping systems that work with MOM, SPSS, . If you would like more information regaurding your companies specific needs please shoot me an email at the above adress and I would be happy to discuss your options.

Leonard M Strnot (Leo)
Advanced Logistics Systems LLC
PO Box 9814
Spokane WA 99209-9814

Phone: 509-.327.4110 Fax: 509.327.2504
Mobile/Voice: 509.475.1120
E-mail: [email protected]
Web Site: www.advlogsys.net

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users