• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 malaize

malaize

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts
  • Interests:Computers, weight lifting, excercise, sports, Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, toys, video games, eating

Posted 22 November 2004 - 07:18 AM

Ok, now this one has me a bit worried.

We are running MOM 5.0 with the latest update from 10/28/04. (I downloaded the newest update from 11/14 but haven't installed yet)

A user logged into "companyA" in MOM and forgot that she was already logged in. She went to her desktop and double clicked on MOM and selected "companyB". MOM allowed her to enter her user name and password. The user and pass were the same that she entered the first time she logged into MOM. She was entering orders into "companyB" for 30 minutes and would enter orders into "companyA" whenever a customer called with an order. I had her close out of both instances of MOM before she tried doing anything else in MOM.

Has anyone experienced this before?

This definetely makes me nervous.

Thanks, malaize

#2 Videoflicks2004

Videoflicks2004

GLOBAL MODERATOR

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 241 posts
  • Interests:~ DVD ~ BLUE RAY ~ HD DVD ~ HOLOGRAPHIC DVD ~ Quantum Computing.

Posted 23 November 2004 - 07:55 AM

Hi,

Your best bet would be to create seperate log in profile for each company. That way the user can log in with the same initials but a different password. Hopefully that will remind them of which company they are logged into.

Cheers,

David
David Narciso
Ecommerce Operations Manager CVS Inc

[email protected]

mobile: 4168238175

DISCLAIMER: Always backup your MOMWIN folder before attempting to perform any updates, testing, etc. Once you blast the data away it's gone forever.
My advice is based on my 8 years of experience with MOM and Dydacomp. If you are not comfortable with data manipulation then hire someone who is.

#3 malaize

malaize

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts
  • Interests:Computers, weight lifting, excercise, sports, Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, toys, video games, eating

Posted 07 December 2004 - 09:36 AM

Hey David,

I didn't notice your response until now.

So it is possible to be logged into MOM on 1 computer under 2 different MOM company profiles?

When I called Dydacomp to ask them about it the lady I talked to acted suprised. She didn't know that could be done. She said she was going to show her boss and get back with me.

I will have to try to get a hold of her, I guess.

I was shocked that the Dydacomp techie was unaware of this being possible.

David, do you ever log into MOM like this. (if you have the multi company module)

malaize

#4 Videoflicks2004

Videoflicks2004

GLOBAL MODERATOR

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 07 December 2004 - 11:14 AM

Hi Malaize,

The proof is in the pudding.. B)

I took a screen shot of my pc while I was logged into both companies in MOM. In order to log into MOM more than once on one pc you need to do the following:

1. Click on the MOM icon and let the log in window pop up.
2. Click on the MOM icon again... let another window pop up.
3. Log into the first MOM window you initiated.
4. Log into the second MOM window you initiated.

Voila.

Posted Image
David Narciso

[email protected]

DISCLAIMER: Always backup your MOMWIN folder before attempting to perform any updates, testing, etc. Once you blast the data away it's gone forever.
My advice is based on my 8 years of experience with MOM and Dydacomp. If you are not comfortable with data manipulation then hire someone who is.

#5 anythinggi

anythinggi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 08 December 2004 - 04:10 PM

I don't have the "multi company" --but would I be able to login twice on one computer - I guess with 2 different user names or that is impossible? It would save me so much time with different things.

Michael

PS David your windows theme is very cool - what is it?

#6 malaize

malaize

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 09 December 2004 - 08:22 AM

Hey David,

Yep that is exactly how I was able to open MOM in 2 different companies at the same time.

Do you do this often? I want to make sure it is totally safe before letting the users here do it. I imagine it is safe as long as you have a different login for each company, since it would just be like having 2 different users accessing MOM at the same time.

Hey Michael,

I would imagine you could do the same thing if you created another login. Try it out and let us know.

malaize

#7 Guest_Multiple logins -_*

Guest_Multiple logins -_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 December 2004 - 08:47 AM

Hi,

This works regardless of which company you are logging into. I use this technique if I have to perform product maintenance while I am in the low level.

___ The XP theme I am using is part of Windows Blinds. It is the XP CORONA theme.

Cheers,

David

#8 Videoflicks2004

Videoflicks2004

GLOBAL MODERATOR

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 09 December 2004 - 08:48 AM

Hi,

This works regardless of which company you are logging into. I use this technique if I have to perform product maintenance while I am in the low level.

___ The XP theme I am using is part of Windows Blinds. It is the XP CORONA theme.

Cheers,

David
David Narciso

[email protected]

#9 anythinggi

anythinggi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 10 December 2004 - 03:21 PM

:(

What I wanted to do didn't work. When I would try to open it again it only directed me to the login window that was already open - it would not open another login page.

I assume because I don't have the multi-company?

Oh well - if anyone knows of another way (for me to login 2 ids on one computer without multi-company) - I'd love to hear it.

Michael

#10 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 December 2004 - 07:40 PM

anythinggi,

Do you have more than one user profile created? Maybe if you don't have a second one created it won't let two logins occur.

malaize

#11 malaize

malaize

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 11 December 2004 - 07:40 PM

anythinggi,

Do you have more than one user profile created? Maybe if you don't have a second one created it won't let two logins occur.

malaize

#12 Videoflicks2004

Videoflicks2004

GLOBAL MODERATOR

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 13 December 2004 - 01:55 PM

Hi,

Very important to have 2 seperate login I.D's. You do not have to have Multi Co module for this trick to work.

Cheers,

Dave
David Narciso

[email protected]

#13 malaize

malaize

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 17 December 2004 - 12:17 PM

I called Dydacomp back since they haven't called me back after 3-4 weeks on this issue. They said that this subject was brought up at their last meeting and that it isn't something that they are going to try to test on their systems because they don't support it. They said the biggest issue with logging in more than once on 1 pc is the risk of entering/editing data while you are in the wrong company. I agreed that that would be a problem. After talking with tech support we realized that we are always starting new orders etc. while in the wrong company, so this really isn't an issue for us. So far MOM is acting fine with some users being logged in more than once. (knock on wood)

I have mentioned this forum to Dydacomp tech support a few times when I have called. It looks like by the number of knowledgeable posts by "guest" today that maybe someone from Dydacomp is checking out this forum. (Maybe they have known about this forum all along, not sure.)

malaize

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users