• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 jim bennett

jim bennett

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 November 2004 - 10:59 AM

I am new to this group but have been using MOM for 5 years. I use many of the features and functions MOM offers, but trying to ship via FedEx has been the most difficult challenge I've ever experienced using MOM.

I am using MOM 5.1, Harvey Soft, and MOM's USI. I need to print my invoices at the packing stage of order processing so I can pack the invoice into the box being shipped. Because of that, I need MOM to calculate the shipping charges for FedEx packages before the packages go into Harvey Soft where the FedEx shipping label can be printed. But the problem is that MOM does NOT factor in the "rural surcharges" so MOM undercharges $3.50 for every package I ship, via FedEx, to a rural surcharge area. MOM tech support advises that is the way MOM is designed to work, but gets expensive for me. Does anyone know of a work around, or of custom programming, or anything else that could help solve this problem? I would greatly appreciate any feedback, as I have been working for several months trying to ship FedEx packages. Thank you in advance for any help and advise.

Jim Bennett
The Depot
Tonganoxie, KS
[email protected]

#2 ufsimatt

ufsimatt

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 05 November 2004 - 11:44 AM

Although I do not know of an easy systematic way of getting MOM to include the rural surcharge for FedEx, or any other of the charges that can filter in for a package through FedEx, on your invoice, perhaps you should consider moving to a single flat shipping charge. If you analyzed your shipping destinations and packages factoring in the weight of your average package and the cost to ship that package to the furthest shipping zone from you, you can begin to get an idea of the most a package could cost you. From there you could see where most of your packages fall zone-wise and determine a flat rate that over all packages would cover your costs for a particular service, say FedEx Ground and/or Home Delivery. If you are shipping a large number of packages to areas that are consistently charged the rural charges, then I would definitely suggest moving to a flat shipping rate or looking at offering a different service, say USPS with delivery confirmation, as an alternative to help you with your costs. I am a partner in a fulfillment company and many of our clients go to some form of a flat shipping rate to counter these very same things that you are mention. Best of luck!

ufsimatt

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users