• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Videoflicks2004

Videoflicks2004

GLOBAL MODERATOR

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 241 posts
  • Interests:~ DVD ~ BLUE RAY ~ HD DVD ~ HOLOGRAPHIC DVD ~ Quantum Computing.

Posted 08 February 2007 - 05:15 PM

Hello,

Allow me to vent my frustration with a community that gives a damn. Why hasn't Dydacomp updated their website with MOM 6.0 information?

Or why haven't the sales reps called me back in 4 weeks to discuss the purchase?

Is Dydacomp too busy to make another 10 k sale?

Anyone?

David Narciso
Ecommerce Operations Manager CVS Inc

[email protected]

mobile: 4168238175

DISCLAIMER: Always backup your MOMWIN folder before attempting to perform any updates, testing, etc. Once you blast the data away it's gone forever.
My advice is based on my 8 years of experience with MOM and Dydacomp. If you are not comfortable with data manipulation then hire someone who is.

#2 Mr Defense

Mr Defense

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 06:09 PM

I honestly believe this is because they were not ready to move to 6.0 and pushed it to existing customers like me and we are having big problems.
Watch for my post here shortly.

I am a big MOM fan even with their problems, but right now with the upgrade cost and downtime and orders not shipped I am somewhere in the hole about $10,000.00 in about a week. This upgrade has been a nightmare.

I would strongly advise waiting until the unit has at least 90% of the bugs resolved before I moved forward.

Irv

Hello,

Allow me to vent my frustration with a community that gives a damn. Why hasn't Dydacomp updated their website with MOM 6.0 information?

Or why haven't the sales reps called me back in 4 weeks to discuss the purchase?

Anyone?

#3 jwurunner

jwurunner

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 06:12 PM

Hello,

Anyone?

As far as I know it is still in pre-release. Also, considering the problems that users (including us) are having, you are better off waiting. MOM 6 does not allow for any ODBC connections thus making Report Writer, Harveysoft (hand entering shipping info & tracking sucks) and many other programs useless...(at least until they solve it). Its not even stable enough for a test environment.

#4 Videoflicks2004

Videoflicks2004

GLOBAL MODERATOR

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 09 February 2007 - 04:12 AM

Hello,

Thanks for the warning. I guess Dydacomp hasn't realized that you can't only sell the sizzle. Sooner or later you've got to deliver the steak!

I'll hold off on my purchase until V6 is stable.

Best,

Videoflicks2004
David Narciso

[email protected]

DISCLAIMER: Always backup your MOMWIN folder before attempting to perform any updates, testing, etc. Once you blast the data away it's gone forever.
My advice is based on my 8 years of experience with MOM and Dydacomp. If you are not comfortable with data manipulation then hire someone who is.

#5 Jane

Jane

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 February 2007 - 02:36 PM

HELP! After one nightmarish week with 6.0, all I can say is - don't go there, yet! Those of us who were brave to do so are overwhelming Dydacomp support with major bugs and issues - after reindexing last night and losing 432 records from BOXCONT, I've had enough! my problem is I need to figure out how best to revert to 6.0 - if anyone can provide advice on how to recreate a weeks worth of activity without duplicating credit card batches, shipments, etc, I would be thrilled to hear from you

#6 CDI Fulfillment

CDI Fulfillment

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 06:25 AM

Jane - You made a good backup of your files before doing the conversion, like it says in the conversion instructions from Dydacomp, right? If not, you may be out of luck. I don't know of any other way to bring you back from the dead.
Jay Snelgrove
Fulfillment Manager
CDI Media, Inc.

http://www.cdimedia.com

#7 notehead

notehead

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 15 February 2007 - 06:28 AM

While I haven't seen 6 I can say in all of the years looking at MOM's backend they generally have a fairly stable table structure and only add tables and/or feilds. While a fairly monumental task you could move all of the data back into the MOM 5.X structure. Probably more of a pain than it's worth.

n

#8 notehead

notehead

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 15 February 2007 - 06:30 AM

I was approached in December and I am still waiting on a final quote. Even if I buy it I will not implement it for months.

I'm on XL now. Far more stable. Lots of bugs but far more stable. Given that this is a 'mature' product it's still far too buggy. I've learned my lesson...I prefer to be on the leading edge.....not the bleeding edge...

n

#9 Videoflicks2004

Videoflicks2004

GLOBAL MODERATOR

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 18 February 2007 - 05:35 AM

Attn: Lisa Gittleman Dydacomp (973) 237-9415, x 215 lisa.g@dydacomp.com Marketing & Public Relations

Dear Lisa,

The members of MOMFAQ.com have enjoyed your submissions regarding MOM v6 since mid January 2007. We are fast approaching the end of February and no doubt(as you may have read), have expressed some concerns about the follow up on this release.

Do you have any new information for us?

Best,

David

David Narciso

[email protected]

#10 Videoflicks2004

Videoflicks2004

GLOBAL MODERATOR

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 13 March 2007 - 05:41 PM

Well I finally got a call from the sales rep at Dydacomp regarding MOM 6. It's not ready yet. They want to sell me MOM 5.4 in the mean time.

Did I ask for MOM 5.4 or MOM 5 for that matter. No. I skipped this version for a reason.

Ok.

"We'll try again in April. Maybe we'll be ready then'". - Dydacomp sales rep.

oh well.

Anyone out there listening? ...
David Narciso

[email protected]

#11 CDI Fulfillment

CDI Fulfillment

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 14 March 2007 - 06:03 AM

Dave - I know it is frustrating to get a response like that from Dydacomp, but trust me when I tell you that those that have done the conversion wish they could go back and wait a few more months. I don't know if you subscribe to the Dydacomp run forum, but it seems that people are having nothing but trouble with it. There are speed issues, instability, multiple errors, etc. I was one of the ones that was able to buy a pre-release copy, but there were so many problems that I could never even get it to convert my data from 5.4 to 6.0. I now count myself among the lucky ones that couldn't ever make the thing work. I am waiting until they get the bugs worked out. At best, in my opinion, it should be considered to be somewhere between the pre-Beta and Beta testing stage.

You may also be interested to know, because I know that you are one of us that relies heavily on R&R, that R&R currently doesn't work with 6.0. Dydcomp not only changed the version of FoxPro that MOM operates on, but switched from DBF to DBC files. As far as I know, R&R isn't able to read these container database files yet.
Jay Snelgrove
Fulfillment Manager
CDI Media, Inc.

#12 crawdad

crawdad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 March 2007 - 06:22 AM

I believe R&R can use FoxPro DBC files: start R&R, start a blank (or new) report. When a master table is asked for, click on the 'Files of type' dropdown box and you will see 'Visual FoxPro (*.DBC).

However, I don't know how difficult it will be to change our existing reports. I haven't tried since I don't have M.O.M. v6.

David

#13 R&R Support

R&R Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 April 2007 - 09:34 AM

An update to R&R Version 12 that will fully support MOM 6 will be available on May 1.

If you need it sooner please let me know and I will send a preview copy out to you.

Kathleen
R&R Support
[email protected]

#14 MOMSUCKS

MOMSUCKS

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 October 2007 - 02:17 PM

Hello,

Anyone?

i just registered here to vent my frustrations too. Dydacomp is just about useless. If the sales department can't get back to you in timely manner, what do you think the tech support is like? We have been with MOM since v4.0 and it is the biggest joke i have ever seen. Pay the money for a custom program and forget this joke of a company.

#15 jeffld

jeffld

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 December 2007 - 10:07 AM

<-- snip -->

You may also be interested to know, because I know that you are one of us that relies heavily on R&R, that R&R currently doesn't work with 6.0. Dydcomp not only changed the version of FoxPro that MOM operates on, but switched from DBF to DBC files. As far as I know, R&R isn't able to read these container database files yet.

I learned about the change to DBC files the hard way. Unfornately, I have some customers that only ship me the CUST.DBF and CMS.DBF files for some third party processing of the data.

When trying to open these files with Foxpro, I would get an error saying NOT A TABLE because I don't have the DBC file.

It is possible to open the CUST.DBF and CMS.DBF in a pinch using Foxpro without the associated DBC file, but you will first need to use a HEX editor to change the first byte from a HEX 31 to a HEX 30. Then, you can at least open the individual tables using Foxpro.

#16 PunishedbyMOM

PunishedbyMOM

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 09:32 AM

i just registered here to vent my frustrations too. Dydacomp is just about useless. If the sales department can't get back to you in timely manner, what do you think the tech support is like? We have been with MOM since v4.0 and it is the biggest joke i have ever seen. Pay the money for a custom program and forget this joke of a company.

I'm glad to finally see a forum where people are telling the truth and not trying to suck up to Dydacomp. I managed to get scolded, threatened and then finally kicked off Dydacomp's forum when I posted some burning questions about the shortcomings of the products, services and company altogether. PEOPLE, STOP SENDING MONEY TO DYDACOMP. Take the time to look at your alternatives. We're investing a lot of time, money and energy in developing an alternative to MOM, but this time, money and energy will eventually keep going to Dydacomp if we don't get out while we can...so it's a good move. Invest with a company that cares about making a quality product instead of trying to sell the faulty ones that it developed 10 years ago. As a final note, Dydacomp VP Steven Miller is a jerkoff and is nothing more than a salesman turned executive. If you have that kind of leadership, the company is bound to go nowhere.

#17 cts4u

cts4u

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 06:18 PM

We're in the middle of setting up MOM, paid for MOM Helpers (a significant waste of money) and for every phone call that is returned, 4 are not, so we're still not operational.

We've now hired an IT, however, they need MOM to assist with corrupt files and SKU inconsistencies, but can't get questions answered or calls returned. We've been passed around to Greg, Bill, Bob, Ian and more...no one wants to be available to see a problem through to solution. What the slick advertising doesn't tell you is that the POP module is inferior, and MOM's IT is understaffed. After $13K, we are not impressed.

To add insult to injury, we just received a bill today for $1000 for tech support for the coming year! Is what we've gotten indicative of what we'll get?

We're on the last wave of working with this product...can't tell if it works because of poor service. You be the judge...

#18 CDI Fulfillment

CDI Fulfillment

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 10:53 AM

Somehow this thread has gone from a venting of frustrations by David into a MOM bashing. I understand that MOM definitely has shortcomings and quirks, but the fact of the matter is that it is a pretty dang good program for the price that we pay. I definitely don't agree with the manner in which Dydacomp has rolled out v6. It is buggy and no indication was ever given that they were changing from free tables to database containers. I know that I specifically asked about the functionality of R&R with v6 before I purchased it in December '06 and I was assured that there would be no disruption in functionality. They were dead wrong. R&R is a product that Dydacomp promotes, but nobody took the time to test it before they went live.

In the past, I have looked at Stone Edge, Mailware, and Colinear Response. (I consider them to be the closest peers/competition to MOM.) None of those programs were able to meet my needs in different areas, so that's why I'm still using MOM. If you want a better program, you are going to have to pay for it; a lot more. If anyone hates the program that bad, stop using it. Switch to another software package. You'll be happier and we won't have to listen to you complain so much.
Jay Snelgrove
Fulfillment Manager
CDI Media, Inc.

#19 notehead

notehead

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 06 February 2009 - 02:12 PM

Somehow this thread has gone from a venting of frustrations by David into a MOM bashing. I understand that MOM definitely has shortcomings and quirks, but the fact of the matter is that it is a pretty dang good program for the price that we pay. I definitely don't agree with the manner in which Dydacomp has rolled out v6. It is buggy and no indication was ever given that they were changing from free tables to database containers. I know that I specifically asked about the functionality of R&R with v6 before I purchased it in December '06 and I was assured that there would be no disruption in functionality. They were dead wrong. R&R is a product that Dydacomp promotes, but nobody took the time to test it before they went live.

In the past, I have looked at Stone Edge, Mailware, and Colinear Response. (I consider them to be the closest peers/competition to MOM.) None of those programs were able to meet my needs in different areas, so that's why I'm still using MOM. If you want a better program, you are going to have to pay for it; a lot more. If anyone hates the program that bad, stop using it. Switch to another software package. You'll be happier and we won't have to listen to you complain so much.

Sadly I have to agree. MOM's not perfect nor is Dydacomp, far from it but there is huge bang for the buck.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users