online store

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Vicky_*

Guest_Vicky_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 May 2004 - 11:13 AM

Hi,

I am completelly new to MOM. I am looking for eCommerce solution to be integrated with MOM. So far i found two options - SiteLink and AbleCommerce 5. Could anyone give me an opinion regarding which option might be better ? Or maybe there are other recommendations ?

thanks

Vicky

#2 SiteLINKTeam

SiteLINKTeam

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 13 May 2004 - 12:26 PM

Hello Vicky,

I came across this board, and saw your post. I'm the head of the SiteLINK Team with Dydacomp and would like to speak with you more about how SiteLINK can help your company.

Please feel free to give me a call or send me an email, and we can schedule a time to talk.

Sincerely,

Neal Wexler
Director of SiteLINK
Dydacomp Development Corp.
'Software Solutions for Direct Marketers'
11 D Commerce Way
Totowa, NJ 07512
800-858-3666 x260
[email protected]
www.Dydacomp.com

#3 uwe999

uwe999

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 14 May 2004 - 07:38 AM

Hi,

I am completelly new to MOM. I am looking for eCommerce solution to be integrated with MOM. So far i found two options - SiteLink and AbleCommerce 5. Could anyone give me an opinion regarding which option might be better ? Or maybe there are other recommendations ?

thanks

Vicky

Hi Vicky, I'm a sitelink customer for a year and strongly recommend not to use sitelink, please see my post in the discussion.

#4 uwe999

uwe999

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 14 May 2004 - 07:40 AM

Hello Vicky,

I came across this board, and saw your post. I'm the head of the SiteLINK Team with Dydacomp and would like to speak with you more about how SiteLINK can help your company.

Please feel free to give me a call or send me an email, and we can schedule a time to talk.

Sincerely,

Neal Wexler
Director of SiteLINK
11 D Commerce Way
Totowa, NJ 07512
800-858-3666 x260
[email protected]
www.Dydacomp.com

Hi Neal,

I would like to hear your official statement to all the sitelink outages and problems, somehow nobody can get a hold of you ...

#5 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 May 2004 - 07:31 AM

I'm a SiteLINK user and am very happy with the service. I know they were down last week but that was not their fault. It was because of the ISP, MCI.

#6 aboyd

aboyd

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 May 2004 - 12:59 PM

I like Sitelink, it's versitile and easy to use; and I've gotten really good service from the sitelink techs. My customers like it too. There have been some issues about search engines not liking sitelink sites but I'm working on that and hope to report my findings here soon.

Boyd Campbell
www.aboyd.com

#7 Guest_aMOMuser_*

Guest_aMOMuser_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 June 2004 - 11:25 AM

Vicky,

Take a look at CommerceV3.com. They have several customers using MOM and thier CV3 solution for e-commerce.

#8 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 June 2004 - 02:30 PM

Hi,

thanks

Vicky

We currently use SiteLink and depending on what you are looking for it may be good for you. If you just need a basic website very few bells and whistles that is easy to use then it should be fine. If you intend to do alot of web business and are looking for many of the latest features seen in big name sites look for another web solution. SiteLink is customizable but they hit you with a $500-$1000 fee for even slight changes to your code. That is when they get around to doing the changes. A small piece of advice ask tons of questions of them and anyone else you consider, it will save you alot of grief in the long run.

#9 toyperson3

toyperson3

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 July 2004 - 04:54 AM

We started with sitelink when we first bought MOM. We are now using Able Commerce. Don't waste your time or money with sitelink. Web2Market can help you with automating your updates to Able Commerce.

#10 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 July 2004 - 12:54 PM

We started with sitelink when we first bought MOM. We are now using Able Commerce. Don't waste your time or money with sitelink. Web2Market can help you with automating your updates to Able Commerce.

What happened to this?

-----------
I don't have a problem with people promoting sitelink alternatives or mom add-ons. I just need to see that these people are actually participating and helping people out by answering questions in a constructive manner. Here are the rules weather you are Dydacomp or a third party...

* You must be a registered user.

* You must already be and continue to be an active user weather you are posting questions or answers.

* Your posts must be tasteful and not bashing other vendors.

* You can just plug your company on every topic, keep it to a minumum.

If these rules are not followed any post that involve plugging your company will be removed immediatly.

Thanks,

Dana
----------------

It seems as though this Web2Market person has no problem bashing SiteLINK. I have been using SiteLINK for years and like the services provided. Also, I hear that SiteLINK v5.0 will be out soon with a ton of new features that I'm really looking forward to.

#11 Guest_Mike_*

Guest_Mike_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 July 2004 - 07:48 AM

Someone here claimed that the problem wasn't Dydacomp's fault and that it was an MCI outage?

I say thats all bunk.

The issue I have with that statement is that Dydacomp hosts and manages everything at their own establishment. They "own and operate". This is the main issue that has plagued them for so many years.

MCI, as you know, has been in financial problems for over 3 years. If MCI is their only pipe into their hosting space, I would be very concerned. I hope its not.

Look for providers who out-source, or co-locate to a location that their business IS hosting. Hosting shops have a responsibility to keep the servers running, its their bread and butter. Relying on a company like Dydacomp, who's knowledge base is MOM and not the Internet is only going ensure that your hosting uptime is a lower priority.

Is this bashing Dydacomp? No. Its a proven fact.

I'm just pointing out that MCI is no more to blame for an outage than Dydacomp is for choosing MCI.

Lastly, on a related note. The one thing that I haven't seen mentioned about SiteLINK (reliability) is that they are Windows based solution (ASP and IIS). This to us was the MAIN reason to leave SiteLINK as we've decided that there far too many security issues on Windows Servers. I feared, that if we kept our customer information on Windows machines that we were being irresponsible toward our customers by possibly exposing them to the "next big thing".

I know people will say "well, you have to patch the windows server and you'll be fine.". The issue is that we don't control the server. Also, relying on someone else for your security is a little disconcernging unless thats their business.

Its funny that people talk about uptime and never mention the platform or software as being part of the issue.

#12 Guest_Former Sitelink Admin_*

Guest_Former Sitelink Admin_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 July 2004 - 11:49 AM

There is a good reason why so many 3rd party MOM ecommerce products have surfaced in the last few years. Many MOM users who have grown frustrated with Sitelink, went looking for other solutions that are more robust, dependable and flexible. Developers have listened to their needs and responded.

As a former admin of a Sitelink store, I can tell you that Dydacomp DID NOT listen. Given the captive audience that they have, you would think that they could show a little bit of interest in the needs of their customers. Just a little effort on their part would probably guarantee market dominance for Sitelink. However, this is the beauty of the Free Market. The demand for better solutions has generated supply. In the end, the consumer wins out.

Sitelink may fit the bill if you are a very small startup, however, if that's the case, I think you will find a better solution with a Yahoo store and their MOM integration.

If you require a much more robust solution and are not able to have one custom developed from the ground up, then I suggest you do some Internet searching for other alternatives. The other options may not give you 100% integration, but 99% is close enough for most people and the features available in other products will far make up for that 1% of integration loss.

I won't go so far as to plug anyone here - you can find the other solutions by doing a simple Internet search. However, I will say that you should do your homework. Each of the different solutions has its own pros/cons and some may be better for your particular system than others.

Good luck in your search.

#13 SiteLINKTeam

SiteLINKTeam

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 26 July 2004 - 01:48 PM

Dear "Former SiteLINK Admin",

I do not know who you are, but I'd like to make clear that you have never worked for SiteLINK, and that your claims that "Dydacomp DID NOT listen" is not a truthful statement.

If you do not feel that your needs were addressed, then I apologize. However, Dydacomp does take every suggestion to heart. While it's true that not every suggestion can be immediately addressed, we do try to come up with the best solution. For needs that require a quick turn-around, we can do it as custom work. For those that are grander in scale, we either build them as add-on features or into a new version of SiteLINK.

We are currently working on a new version of SiteLINK that will be released shortly. This new version has many standard features included, as well as many MOM exclusive features. This new version was built specifically with the many great suggestions we've gotten from SiteLINK users over the years.

Please feel free to contact me directly if you have any questions on the new version of SiteLINK.

Sincerely,

Neal Wexler
Director of SiteLINK Sales
11 D Commerce Way
Totowa, NJ 07512
800-858-3666 x260
[email protected]
www.Dydacomp.com

ATTENTION
This E-mail contains PRIVILEGED AND CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION intended only for the use of the Individual(s) named above. If you are not the intended recipient of this E-mail, or the employee or agent responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination or copying of this E-mail is strictly prohibited. If you have received this E-mail in error, please immediately notify us by telephone at (973) 237-9415 or notify us by E-mail at [email protected]. Also, please send a hard copy of the E-mail to the above address via the U.S. Postal Service. We will reimburse you for all expenses incurred. Thank you.

#14 Guest_Mike_*

Guest_Mike_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 August 2004 - 10:50 AM

Hey Neil, just to prove that Dydacomp doesn't listen OR apparently read either.

Read the original message (again), the person was NOT claiming to be an employee of Dydacomp. They were basically saying that they were an employee of a company that uses SiteLINK and they were an "admin".

As far as your "new version", could you describe here why we should come back to Dydacomp and use this new version? How about a run-down of the features and what would make it as compelling a product as you describe?

Also, could you describe to folks reading what Dydacomp's network infastructure is?

Thanks,
Mike

#15 SiteLINKTeam

SiteLINKTeam

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 09 August 2004 - 12:26 PM

Hello Mike,

I am aware of what was said, however, "SiteLINK Admin" is a term that many associate with Dydacomp since our lead technical support representative has the title SiteLINK Admin. I just wanted to make sure that everyone realized that when he referred to SiteLINK Admin he did not mean the Dydacomp SiteLINK Admin.

I have no problem discussing the new version of SiteLINK with you, and if you would like, we can schedule a call to discuss your company's specific needs. The new version is not released yet, but when it is, all information will be available on www.dydacomp.com.

If anyone is interested in finding out more about SiteLINK or our hosting facility, please feel free to contact me at anytime.

Sincerely,

Neal Wexler
11 D Commerce Way
Totowa, NJ 07512
800-858-3666 x260
[email protected]
www.Dydacomp.com

ATTENTION
This E-mail contains PRIVILEGED AND CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION intended only for the use of the Individual(s) named above. If you are not the intended recipient of this E-mail, or the employee or agent responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination or copying of this E-mail is strictly prohibited. If you have received this E-mail in error, please immediately notify us by telephone at (973) 237-9415 or notify us by E-mail at [email protected]. Also, please send a hard copy of the E-mail to the above address via the U.S. Postal Service. We will reimburse you for all expenses incurred. Thank you.

#16 jr1

jr1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 September 2004 - 07:46 AM

Neil
Get a grip!

#17 brucesenator

brucesenator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 October 2004 - 09:24 AM

DydaComp's Mail Order Manager is functional with Authorize.net.

osCommerce is fully functional with Authorize.net.

www.oscommerce.com.

Good luck,
Bruce Senator

#18 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 January 2005 - 09:00 PM

itersting all pro sitelink posts are from guests non are registerd users

#19 SiteLINKTeam

SiteLINKTeam

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 07 January 2005 - 06:09 AM

itersting all pro sitelink  posts are from guests non are registerd users

View Post

Feel free to check out http://www.dydacomp....estimonials.asp for additional Testimonials.

Also keep in mind that many of the users who may have had problems with SiteLINK in the past were using the older version, and many used it before we upgraded our infrastructure and support. While all opinions are important, it's also important to note that we've taken the suggestions and criticisms very seriously and done what was necessary to improve and meet (and exceed) expectations.

I invite anyone who is interested to explore the new SiteLINK 5.0. I think you'll like what you see.

Sincerely,

Neal Wexler
11 D Commerce Way
Totowa, NJ 07512
800-858-3666 x260
[email protected]
www.dydacomp.com/sitelink
SiteLINK Support: 973-774-4100
SiteLINK 24/7: 973-641-0901
There is no alternative to SiteLINK!

#20 ypf1258

ypf1258

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 31 March 2005 - 08:24 PM

DydaComp's Mail Order Manager is functional with Authorize.net.

osCommerce is fully functional with Authorize.net.

www.oscommerce.com.

Good luck,
Bruce Senator

View Post

did you manage to get all the mom inf in to oscommerce

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users