• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 MetabolicsLtd

MetabolicsLtd

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 April 2010 - 03:00 AM

We are having a problem with our low level settings that I hoped someone out there may be able to help us with.

The problem is that we have 3 different warehouses; one main warehouse (lets call it "HQ") and 2 smaller secondary warehouses. Each of those warehouses may contain varying numbers of the same product.

The two secondary warehouses have a fairly low stock turnover compared to HQ and HQ is the only place from which we dispatch by mail order. The problem we are struggling with arrises when low levels only show up on a global scale rather than a local warehouse scale. As an example, we have "Product X's" low levels set at 10 units. However there may be 6 units in each of the secondary warehouses and none at HQ. We'll then receive an order for Product X only to find that we have none available for dispatch because it hasn't shown up on the low level reports.

Does anyone know how we can get the low levels to show up for individual warehouses rather than as a global level for all warehouses?

I would imagine that most people would want to be able to manage their stock at this level for multiple warehouses so there is probably a simple solution that I am currently unaware of.

I have emailed and telephoned the Dydacomp support people but as usual their apalling service is yet to yield any kind of response. Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance.

#2 ypf1258

ypf1258

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 08:57 PM

We are having a problem with our low level settings that I hoped someone out there may be able to help us with.

The problem is that we have 3 different warehouses; one main warehouse (lets call it "HQ") and 2 smaller secondary warehouses. Each of those warehouses may contain varying numbers of the same product.

The two secondary warehouses have a fairly low stock turnover compared to HQ and HQ is the only place from which we dispatch by mail order. The problem we are struggling with arrises when low levels only show up on a global scale rather than a local warehouse scale. As an example, we have "Product X's" low levels set at 10 units. However there may be 6 units in each of the secondary warehouses and none at HQ. We'll then receive an order for Product X only to find that we have none available for dispatch because it hasn't shown up on the low level reports.

Does anyone know how we can get the low levels to show up for individual warehouses rather than as a global level for all warehouses?

I would imagine that most people would want to be able to manage their stock at this level for multiple warehouses so there is probably a simple solution that I am currently unaware of.

I have emailed and telephoned the Dydacomp support people but as usual their apalling service is yet to yield any kind of response. Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance.

Try using Bins

#3 MetabolicsLtd

MetabolicsLtd

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 08:41 AM

Try using Bins

We do use bins in each of our warehouses but unfortunately this still won't really solve our problem.

Anyway, I contacted Dydacomp directly because I was sure that we must just have been doing something wrong, it seemed like such a basic request for a warehousing module that I thought we must have a setting slightly wrong somwehere, however they have told me that the warehousing module that they sold us for warehouse stock management doesn't actually have the capability to do warehouse stock management. It seems there is just nothing that can be done about this. They recommended that I add it to a "wishlist" for future versions of MOM. The odd thing about that obviously is that it assumes we'll be buying future versions of MOM!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users