• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 char76

char76

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 06:56 PM

I have an issue I would like to ask you about. We are in the process of switching our business software to SAP Business One from MOM. We are exporting all the data from MOM to SAP. We have run into an issue with “Ship to and “Bill to” addresses. I have been told when you pull customer information from MOM you cannot differentiate between Bill to or Ship to. Do you agree with this or do you know away round this issue.

As it is we have 25000 records and 6000 duplicate account in SAP because of this issue. If a customer from MOM has multiple addresses, SAP creates an account for each because the addresses are coming in as either Bill to or Ship to.

If you could help us we would be very grateful.

#2 ypf1258

ypf1258

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 09:23 PM

in cust.dbf

The CUSTTYPE field will tell you if it is a bill-to or ship-to customer.
O = Address ONLY
B = Bill-To Address
S = Ship-To Address
U = Multiple-use Address

http://momfaq.com/to...tdbf-data-file/

#3 dseibold

dseibold

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 07:30 AM

I am not familiar with SAP but if it shares info with MOM, you are stuck with everything in the file. That being said, since it is MOM's software, they should know how to hide the irrelevant data just as they do in MOM. Check to see if there is a setting for a restricted or an expanded search of the customer list.

If it does not share data with MOM, why can't you restrict the data before you export it to SAP? One of these possibilities should be available. Just use the information ypf1258 stated above.
David Seibold
Wild Horses, Inc.
Operations Manager

#4 ypf1258

ypf1258

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 11:51 AM

I am not familiar with SAP but if it shares info with MOM, you are stuck with everything in the file. That being said, since it is MOM's software, they should know how to hide the irrelevant data just as they do in MOM. Check to see if there is a setting for a restricted or an expanded search of the customer list.

If it does not share data with MOM, why can't you restrict the data before you export it to SAP? One of these possibilities should be available. Just use the information ypf1258 stated above.

Correction the above info is for the "" addr_type """ field

in CUSTTYPE you will only find
O = Orders on File
P = Prospect
S = Ship-To Address

while it can sound the same you can find custtype P to be in Addr_type O

the"" belongnum "" in the cust.dbf should give you the relationship

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users