2 replies to this topic

#1 gnlemoin

gnlemoin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 04:53 PM

Hello,
I was wondering if I can run MOM easily on two different computers while using one server. Right now my company is headquartered in California and I have a home office on the East Coast. The main computer and server is running out in CA but to access MOM on the East coast, I need to use use go to mypc.com to use MOM. I am wondering is there a way I can have access to MOM on my computer on the east coast without logging into mypc.com and essentially using the computer and sever in CA. Thanks!

#2 ypf1258

ypf1258

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 09:30 PM

Hello,
I was wondering if I can run MOM easily on two different computers while using one server. Right now my company is headquartered in California and I have a home office on the East Coast. The main computer and server is running out in CA but to access MOM on the East coast, I need to use use go to mypc.com to use MOM. I am wondering is there a way I can have access to MOM on my computer on the east coast without logging into mypc.com and essentially using the computer and sever in CA. Thanks!

You can set up a virtual drive (not recommended )

use remote desktop to your server

#3 notehead

notehead

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 05 December 2008 - 12:18 PM

I agree Remote Desktop is your best bet and easiest to implement. I would use a vpn if it were me.

There are other more complicated methods depending on which MOM version you are on like XL where you can remotely connect to the data directly and run th client on you machine. A little slow depending on what you're doing.

n

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users