3 replies to this topic

#1 johnay

johnay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 28 October 2008 - 06:15 AM

We're looking to move to a more flexible shopping cart system and we are looking at Interchange. Has anyone worked with it and MOM in combination? Anything we should watch out for?

As long as it can give me an order batch file that's software-parseable I can make a MOM order import file. That's what we're doing now with SoftCart. I can't seem to find that function in the maze that is the Interchange online demo, though.

Any insights and tips would be welcome.

Thanks!

#2 freeportway

freeportway

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 07:26 PM

We're looking to move to a more flexible shopping cart system and we are looking at Interchange. Has anyone worked with it and MOM in combination? Anything we should watch out for?

As long as it can give me an order batch file that's software-parseable I can make a MOM order import file. That's what we're doing now with SoftCart. I can't seem to find that function in the maze that is the Interchange online demo, though.

Any insights and tips would be welcome.

Thanks!

I've got to ask the question, "why". This has to be one of the oldest and outdated shopping carts on the market.
There are plenty of viable solutions that will do a better job AND give you MOM compatibility.

May I ask what your particular needs are, what requirements do you have for your store?

Thank you
Gary (Freeportway)

#3 ypf1258

ypf1258

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 10:35 PM

I've got to ask the question, "why". This has to be one of the oldest and outdated shopping carts on the market.
There are plenty of viable solutions that will do a better job AND give you MOM compatibility.

May I ask what your particular needs are, what requirements do you have for your store?

Thank you
Gary (Freeportway)

In the past we have evaluated it and its a great product the only reason why its not popular since its in perl and php is easier

the reason we have not gone with it since we did not find the right developer for the job
(or one that declined us due to conflict of interest )

#4 freeportway

freeportway

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 13 December 2008 - 07:15 AM

In the past we have evaluated it and its a great product the only reason why its not popular since its in perl and php is easier

the reason we have gone with it since we did not find the right developer for the job
(or one that declined us due to conflict of interest )

I really think you can find a better solution. We've (as a business) moved to X-Cart for our shopping cart integration with MOM
and we'll be releasing (in 2009) support for Magento. If you're building anything that has to connect with MOM, there's plenty
of viable solutions out there that are better choices. That's my opinion, but I don't think people would argue with me.

Gary MacDougall
Freeportway
http://www.freeportway.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users