• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 PatrickO

PatrickO

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 September 2008 - 07:37 AM

Presently moving over from MIVA to MOM XL. Have been using a monthly updating service "module" for MIVA to make updates to the sales tax tables, based on zip code. States update their tax tables at different times throughout the year, so monthly is the only accurate way to stay current.

I cannot find anything to do this in MOM. Are there any larger companies out there using MOM, that collect sales tax for a couple dozen states? I know you can't be updating hundreds of zip codes with the latest rates, etc.

What service are you using and how are you uploading it into MOM?

#2 planetdj

planetdj

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 12 September 2008 - 05:12 PM

Presently moving over from MIVA to MOM XL. Have been using a monthly updating service "module" for MIVA to make updates to the sales tax tables, based on zip code. States update their tax tables at different times throughout the year, so monthly is the only accurate way to stay current.

I cannot find anything to do this in MOM. Are there any larger companies out there using MOM, that collect sales tax for a couple dozen states? I know you can't be updating hundreds of zip codes with the latest rates, etc.

What service are you using and how are you uploading it into MOM?

Not aware of a service, but MOM breaks down zip codes by county. So if a certain county increases their sales tax from 7.0% to 7.5%, you simply drill down to that state, and then that county and make the change.
Chris Whybrew
PLANET DJ, INC
www.planetdj.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users