• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 lvi56

lvi56

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 11:37 AM

We have just begun setting up a store front POP location with MOM. We use a 3rd party card verification, swipe card through a stand alone reader/keypad which verifies the card. I'm wondering how to set it up where MOM knows of the card used (all the card info) and of the verification to complete the sale through MOM.
I know from the manual that there is a place to enter the verification number to complete the sale, but to get there you must enter card number, exp date etc..How can I get around this?

#2 planetdj

planetdj

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 06 September 2008 - 06:36 AM

We have just begun setting up a store front POP location with MOM. We use a 3rd party card verification, swipe card through a stand alone reader/keypad which verifies the card. I'm wondering how to set it up where MOM knows of the card used (all the card info) and of the verification to complete the sale through MOM.
I know from the manual that there is a place to enter the verification number to complete the sale, but to get there you must enter card number, exp date etc..How can I get around this?

If using a 3rd party card reader, all you'd enter into MOM is the Approval Code and let the other system maintain the data.

Why aren't you using the POP card swipe feature within MOM instead so that it populates the order with the credit card info and get the approval from within MOM?
Chris Whybrew
PLANET DJ, INC
www.planetdj.com

#3 lvi56

lvi56

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 10:32 AM

If using a 3rd party card reader, all you'd enter into MOM is the Approval Code and let the other system maintain the data.

Why aren't you using the POP card swipe feature within MOM instead so that it populates the order with the credit card info and get the approval from within MOM?

It will not let me enter the approval code without first filling in the card info. We have a stand alone 3rd party reader, and i see no way to connect that to the computer for MOM to take the swipe info.

#4 planetdj

planetdj

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 09 September 2008 - 05:56 AM

It will not let me enter the approval code without first filling in the card info. We have a stand alone 3rd party reader, and i see no way to connect that to the computer for MOM to take the swipe info.

I'd eventually lose the 3rd party reader and have all of the info in MOM, for automation's sake. But here's what to do in the meantime.

In MOM, create a new payment method. ("Maintain : Accounting Information : Credit Card Merchant Account")
Leave "Account Number" and "Account Code" blank.
For "Type of Credit Card", select "Other (Process Manually)"
Under "MOM and SiteLink Gateway Merchant Account", make sure all 3 boxes read "DO NOT PROCESS through MOM and SiteLink"

Next time you get your 3rd-party approval, in MOM select this "type" of Credit Card. It will then present a new box that tells you that this is a manual card that needs to be processed outside of MOM, and will give you a place to enter the Approval Code. Once you give it the approval code, MOM will see the order as "PAID" and will let you process the rest of the order.
Chris Whybrew
PLANET DJ, INC
www.planetdj.com

#5 lvi56

lvi56

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 09 September 2008 - 11:42 AM

That is just what I'm looking for.
I created the new card type as you said, but when I go into the POP and try to do a sale with this card type selected its says "Ready to Charge: (amount)" I click approve and a window comes up saying "There is nothing to charge on this order"

I figured out you have to have something entered as card #, I put a 0, clicked approve, and the window to enter the code comes up.
Thanks for the help. This is all we need for now, we will be looking at processing through MOM later.

#6 planetdj

planetdj

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 12 September 2008 - 05:18 PM

That is just what I'm looking for.
I created the new card type as you said, but when I go into the POP and try to do a sale with this card type selected its says "Ready to Charge: (amount)" I click approve and a window comes up saying "There is nothing to charge on this order"

I figured out you have to have something entered as card #, I put a 0, clicked approve, and the window to enter the code comes up.
Thanks for the help. This is all we need for now, we will be looking at processing through MOM later.

Glad to be able to help.
Chris Whybrew
PLANET DJ, INC
www.planetdj.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users