Photo

How to un-receive an entire supplier invoice?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 johnay

johnay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 07:41 AM

We have a supplier invoice that's screwed up in like a dozen different ways. Two actual invoices were combined, and things that should be in there aren't while things that are shouldn't. Or maybe their ordering stock #s were entered wrong. I don't even know anymore. The terms were set to the wrong # of days (too short, fortunately) and the freight wasn't included. (We're seriously considering sacking the person responsible.)

Is there a way to just tell mom to back out of the whole invoice? If I delete an item from it will it revert in the PO to being undelivered?

#2 planetdj

planetdj

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 01:34 PM

We have a supplier invoice that's screwed up in like a dozen different ways. Two actual invoices were combined, and things that should be in there aren't while things that are shouldn't. Or maybe their ordering stock #s were entered wrong. I don't even know anymore. The terms were set to the wrong # of days (too short, fortunately) and the freight wasn't included. (We're seriously considering sacking the person responsible.)

Is there a way to just tell mom to back out of the whole invoice? If I delete an item from it will it revert in the PO to being undelivered?

There are 3 issues or stages you need to address or be aware of:
Have the items been received against the PO?
Has inventory been adjusted up?
Has the invoice transaction been created?

In the normal course of MOM, all three would have transpired.

I would:
1). Take note of what items on the PO have been delivered and what is still outstanding.
2). Print an Inventory Transaction Report for all of those products.
3). Confirm the invoice was created.

If you delete the invoice, it will probably prompt you with something like "Inventory and Purchase information has not been adjusted" Pay careful attention to what it says. If needed, you can always adjust inventory back down, and then go into the PO and change qty received from xx to 0. You would then be starting from scratch as if you received the items into your warehouse right off the UPS truck.

Hope that helps... my head is in the middle of a project, so holler if something didn't make sense.
Chris Whybrew
PLANET DJ, INC
www.planetdj.com

#3 johnay

johnay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 02:17 PM

That's pretty much what I did with a few duplicated items in another PO+invoice earlier. (The one I posted about fortunately turned out to be not so bad - mostly just some misnumbered items confusing the situation.)

I was just kinda hoping there was some sort of "undo f...ed-up purchase" function to speed up dealing with such problems. ;) Seems like just the sort of ability to give a high-level user to avoid big work delays. This sort of tedious slogging task is the kind of thing computers were invented to automate, right?

Maybe in version 8.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users