• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 phils

phils

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 May 2008 - 07:43 AM

We ran a backup of the MOM working folder. We are now receiving an error when we try to access MOM from the server and any workstation. The error is as follows:

FATAL ERROR 2

The first file MOM has attempted to open has the wrong date....

The error then goes on to say to check the date and region settings which are all set properly on all computers.

Has anyone else encountered this?

Thanks.

Phil

#2 planetdj

planetdj

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 16 May 2008 - 05:51 AM

We ran a backup of the MOM working folder. We are now receiving an error when we try to access MOM from the server and any workstation. The error is as follows:

FATAL ERROR 2

The first file MOM has attempted to open has the wrong date....

The error then goes on to say to check the date and region settings which are all set properly on all computers.

Has anyone else encountered this?

Thanks.

Phil

Double check the date and time on both the server and workstation. Also make sure DayLight Savings Time has the same settings on both as well.
If that doesn't do it, then you may have to copy back a file or two... I'll see if I can find out which one.
Chris Whybrew
PLANET DJ, INC
www.planetdj.com

#3 planetdj

planetdj

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 16 May 2008 - 05:55 AM

If the date/time didn't work, I would first copy back start.dbf, and then start.sav if that didn't work.
Let me know.
Chris Whybrew
PLANET DJ, INC
www.planetdj.com

#4 phils

phils

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 May 2008 - 06:14 AM

The problem was caused by a backup program changing all of the File modification dates for ALL files in the directory to yesterday's date. Why it did this is beyond me and should not have happened. Regardless, MOM looks at the file modification date to tell if it has the proper version. Not the best system in my opinion - but that's what we are dealing with.

I got it working by finding an old backup and replacing the just the application files - If someone is going to try this - DO NOT OVERWRITE THE FILES ENDING IN DBF as these are the dateabase files which contain all of your info. Also, do not overwrite the company folders either.

By leaving the database files intact, we did not lose any order information at all. I will admit I was Sweating Bullets until I figured it out! :blink:

I hope this is able to help someone in the future. Good luck.

Phil
www.RealInternetResults.com

#5 planetdj

planetdj

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 16 May 2008 - 06:20 AM

Glad you got it fixed.

FYI.. .START.DBF is just that... a "start" file that contains your initial company, license, and initialization info to start MOM. Overwriting that file should have been OK.

I'd have a look at your backup program's config. It is probably a setting (or a GMT time zone thing) that needs to be changed.
Chris Whybrew
PLANET DJ, INC
www.planetdj.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users