Sitelink

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_rascal_*

Guest_rascal_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 August 2004 - 05:42 AM

So some of you are looking for e-commerce solutions. Like many of the posts have stated SiteLink is a viable alternative, however there are strings attached. The main Rope is control. You are at the mercy of Dydacomp. We have been users for a couple of years and considered options, however we were not totaly educated on all this web stuff (we have learned alot at considerable expence)when we jumpen into the SiteLink well. You have minimal control of you site. You can build a basic cookie cutter store, but if you want bell and whistles you will need to hire your own programmer and hope the code works. Dydacomp will balim every crash and problem from then on out on your code or one of their vendors. I understand Dydacomp is working on an upgrade however be prepaired to pay for it. It seems, we, the consumer/user are the product gunnie pigs and wear the thinking hats then we pay for the NEW SiteLink. Oh well I could go on. Like numerous posts have mentioned, do alot of research, there are other programs that will intergrate into MOM or if you want to start with basics go with SiteLink. GOOD LUCK!

#2 SiteLINKTeam

SiteLINKTeam

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 25 August 2004 - 07:01 AM

Hello Rascal,

I wanted to reply to your post as I can see that you are upset.

I would like to speak with you about your experiences, and see where we may have fallen short in meeting your expectations. While no product or company is perfect, Dydacomp does strive to offer the highest levels of product quality and customer support, and I would like to work through any issues you may have.

However, I must correct something you said. You stated "You have minimal control of your site", however that is incorrect. There are many options for modifying the look and feel of your SiteLINK store. There is a built in store design wizard that allows you to modify the templates to create your own unique look. You can change the banner and buttons, colors, fonts, margins, as well as set up some text/information pages directly through the wizard.

However, if you would like to go beyond the templates, that is also possible. You can either modify the layout of the store yourself by accessing the code directly, or you may want to use SiteLINK's design team to create a new layout specific to your store.

If you wish, you may also choose to simply plug the SiteLINK basket into a site you already have.

With all these options, SiteLINK is actually one of the more flexible shopping carts there is. If you'd like to see some different examples of site layouts currently using SiteLINK, please feel free to contact me.

Also, you are correct, there is a new version of SiteLINK coming out that will offer even greater flexibility, control, and options. We've been developing this for a while now, taking many of the user suggestions and incorporating them into the basic package. The new version of SiteLINK will have better performance and stability, greater marketing tools, and many standard features. We think you'll really like it.

As for the costs, while charging for a new version of software is by no means out of the ordinary, there has been no official decision on upgrade costs, so I'm not sure where you have gotten your information. When we talk, I can certainly discuss the upgrade and work out something.

Please feel free to contact me at your earliest convenience so we can discuss your situation.

Sincerely,

Neal Wexler
Director of SiteLINK Sales
Dydacomp Development Corp.
'Software Solutions for Direct Marketers'
11 D Commerce Way
Totowa, NJ 07512
800-858-3666 x260
[email protected]
www.Dydacomp.com

ATTENTION
This E-mail contains PRIVILEGED AND CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION intended only for the use of the Individual(s) named above. If you are not the intended recipient of this E-mail, or the employee or agent responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination or copying of this E-mail is strictly prohibited. If you have received this E-mail in error, please immediately notify us by telephone at (973) 237-9415 or notify us by E-mail at [email protected]. Also, please send a hard copy of the E-mail to the above address via the U.S. Postal Service. We will reimburse you for all expenses incurred. Thank you.

#3 dap

dap

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 August 2004 - 04:55 AM

At this risk of sounding like a shill for Dydacomp. I need to add a few points about SiteLink. We've used MOM and SiteLink for years now, and it certainly has provided me with my share of headaches. However, through all of our requests the SiteLink team has come through with many solutions to our unique needs. The purpose of SiteLink WAS to provide a cookie cutter approach for novices to build commerce sites. It is incredibly difficult to be all things to all people and there is an inherent lack of control needed to produce a piece of software to do that. To their credit, they have responded to my requests and allowed us to work with their product to suit our store.

At a time when ecommerce was difficult for the non-techie, and expensive to implement, SiteLink was a huge boon. Now the market has matured and there are several slick alternatives. If anything, SiteLink is a bit dated. So I personally welcome a new version that gives me the best MOM integration and ease of use along with a sleeker look and some of the bells and whistles that are available commercially.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users