• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 CathyD

CathyD

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 February 2008 - 01:06 PM

We purchased the 6.0 upgrade a year ago December and still have been unable to install it due to all the bugs remaining. Has anyone been able to install the upgrade and successfully use 6.0?

We are really disappointed that Dydacomp released this program when it was so faulty.

#2 jwurunner

jwurunner

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 26 February 2008 - 06:47 PM

We purchased the 6.0 upgrade a year ago December and still have been unable to install it due to all the bugs remaining. Has anyone been able to install the upgrade and successfully use 6.0?

We are really disappointed that Dydacomp released this program when it was so faulty.

We have been using 6.0 since March and with very few issues since April. Not sure why others are still having issues.....

#3 Hometown

Hometown

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 06:39 AM

Dydacomp just recently offered my company a deal on 6.1. What kind of issues have you had? And how much time does it take to perform the upgrade?

#4 dseibold

dseibold

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 11:38 AM

We have been using 6.0 since March and with very few issues since April. Not sure why others are still having issues.....

Can you use MS Access to create your own reports? As far as I have heard, it's still impossible.
We bought 6.0 last December and then found the new version of FoxPro was not compatible with ODBC. Thus, we have not and will not install the upgrade until that is fixed. It's useless to have software that won't generate the reports you need.
David Seibold
Wild Horses, Inc.
Operations Manager

#5 malaize

malaize

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts
  • Interests:Computers, weight lifting, excercise, sports, Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, toys, video games, eating

Posted 12 March 2008 - 10:41 AM

We upgraded to 6 in January 2007 but had to "downgrade" back to 5.4 the next day because of several speed related issues. (took over 3minutes just to process orders)
I have kept an eye on the Dydacomp user forum since then and there are still a lot of users of 6 that are having problems. However, there are a lot of users on 6 that have no problems. From what I have seen there is not a pattern with the speed and the hardware that MOM is running on. Some users are using Windows 2003server with 3-4GB of RAM and Xeon processors with a small company and have issues while other users with much slower systems and larger companies run 6 with no problems. In our case we have an HP Proliant with 2GB of RAM and a 3.4 Xeon processor with SCSI drives. We have the multi company module with 3 companies that arent incredibly huge.

Perhaps we will upgrade late this summer or in the fall.

#6 malaize

malaize

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts
  • Interests:Computers, weight lifting, excercise, sports, Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, toys, video games, eating

Posted 12 March 2008 - 10:42 AM

Dydacomp just recently offered my company a deal on 6.1. What kind of issues have you had? And how much time does it take to perform the upgrade?

The upgrade does not take that long. (depends on the size of your MOM data) Between giving yourself time to create backups beforehand, running the upgrade, and then installing any updated once the upgrade is complete I would give yourself a 2 hour window.

#7 planetdj

planetdj

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 13 March 2008 - 06:54 AM

The upgrade does not take that long. (depends on the size of your MOM data) Between giving yourself time to create backups beforehand, running the upgrade, and then installing any updated once the upgrade is complete I would give yourself a 2 hour window.

... and then another 2 hours to put 5.4 back into place. :lol:

We too purchased 6.0 in December '06. Installed on a Sunday in January, and eventually had to roll back to 5.4 to run business. I would like to upgrade and think we would have fewer problems, but need to have certain backend functionality as well (ie. accessing data with Access, etc.)
Chris Whybrew
PLANET DJ, INC
www.planetdj.com

#8 cts4u

cts4u

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 06:37 PM

We, too, purchased MOM almost a year ago...ended up hiring an IT because of poor MOM support. Still having errors, and can't talk to the same person long enough to solve a problem--talked to Bob, Bill, Ian, Greg and more.

Received an invoice today for $1000 for tech support for the coming year! Amazing...MOM doesn't stand by their products but keeps sending more bills. We've now been told the POP module is inferior, and we can't help but wonder where the POP limitations were noted in the advertising?)

We're not happy with the service, so who knows what the product is capable of?

#9 CDI Fulfillment

CDI Fulfillment

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 22 April 2008 - 02:08 PM

I feel like a broken record, but I too purchased MOM v6 in December '06 because I could get this great deal on the upgrade (thinking that upgrading was inevitable anyway). What a disappointment! I spent no less than a month attempting to upgrade, but the conversion never even worked correctly. Then I starting hearing all the horror stories form those that had successfully "upgraded" and I was sure glad that it never worked for me. Here I am, nearly 1 1/2 years later and still running v5.4. At this point I am not sure that I will ever make the change. I have too many R&R reports, ODBC connections, etc. to deal with the endless hours that it would require to get back to the point where I am now. I am happy with v5.4 and I can make it do pretty much anything that I need.

My opinion is that v6 is probably perfect for newcomers to MOM or those that have been running simple configurations of v5.4 or earlier versions. For those of us that have been around for a while, changing from the open database configuration to the database containers really screwed a lot of things up and made it nearly impossible to for a change without a major investment. As long as v6 users continue to experience speed issues, as well as the other quirks that we continually here about, v6 isn't even a consideration for me.
Jay Snelgrove
Fulfillment Manager
CDI Media, Inc.

http://www.cdimedia.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users