Jump to content


Photo

MOM 6.0


  • Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Mr Defense

Mr Defense

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Berkeley Springs, WV

Posted 08 February 2007 - 07:29 PM

I am new to this site, but not to MOM. I am a heavy user have 6 workstations going all the time. I bought the upgrade at the end of 2006 mostly because of the reporting. It cost me $2500.00 to upgrade with the modules and workstations I have.
I tried to go live the weekend of 12/31/06 but had major issues. My test store which was a copy of my main store had big problems so I scrapped it until the 3rd week of January.
3rd week of January I had some time and some updates had happened so I tried again. Some issues were fixed but not all and when it tried to register online it would not go thought. I was not a happy camper and got it all straight with more downloads etc. over the next few days.

I ran a test site and all the bugs appeared gone so I went live. Real live. 1st day problems started. System was running ok, but all my PO's were gone. Dydacomp tech started questioning me as in "did you run testing before you went live" and so on. Now why would you release something and advise your customer not to install it and make it live without running testing etc. before going live? Logic says it was a rush job. Facts to substantiate that have been accumulating since the end of January for me anyway.

Worst of all, it was not until the end of our first day that we discovered that Harvey could not work with the new 6.0 boxshare. Still not fixes by Harvey as of 2/8/07.
My people are keying every shipping detail manually. What a mess this is. Harvey found out the day I called.

So about every 2 days we have problems. We get by and move on. I love the new reporting but there are big bugs we are finding. I keep working, hell I have too now, I am live and 12 days in. So then today 2/8/07, I do the new automatic update which we are told to do pretty much every day. This replaces the old site download and install like we had in 5.*. So The update does not take. I go and do it manually as instructed previously over the weekend. Much to my surprise I can no longer open my MOM program. The local PC workstation has lost something. Error after error and screenshot after screen shot yield nothing.

Then I find out at 10:30 that my girls cannot print orders without an error which then lets the order print and then it removes the shipping and tries to give a refund for shipping and marking a shipped order CM. Yes I know, a real mess. I had to open the Jack early :-)

So I was told tech knew about this at 12:10 and that an update would be there for me that afternoon. They were not kidding. 4:50 pm the new update posted.

I lost my first business day in 10 years with no packages sent. 100% a Dydacomp issue. 100% preventable with some decent testing by the developers. Why even add the update with stuff like this as a possibility?

Well I got a little angry and posted this message:


Jeff,

After some more work on this, here are the most recent errors attached in a word doc. Yes we can print now but we are still having to map into the Momwin folder to start the program, and who knows what errors we will have tomorrow. We need to resolve the workstation issue ASAP.

Now let me say a few things on the logical side. I am not blaming you for this because I do not have enough information as to who is actually to blame, but one thing is for sure, this 6.0 was released way to early. The big question is who is really to blame for pushing out 6.0 at the end of the year and how will you compensate your customers?

Lets forget about the 15-20 hours I have lost messing with this and sitting on hold in the last 3 weeks, but lets talk about today. A Thursday. Typically a decent day for our small mom and pop mail order house. Average $4,300.00 in sales with about 70 orders going out the door not including backorders.

Today I shipped nothing. Not a damn thing... 0, zilch, nada, nothing not one freak'en order! This is the first business day in 9 years and 7 months that nothing was shipped. This means your negligence cost my company an entire day. Let me re-phrase it in case it got missed

FOR THE 1ST TIME IN 10 YEARS MY COMPANY DID NOT SHIP AN ORDER AND IT WAS 100% DYDACOMPS FAULT.

I had 7 people who stood around all day waiting for this update to happen so we could ship. I have $700.00 in payroll that is gone. I sent them home at 4:00 est. and at 4:48 you uploaded the new version which did not fix everything but would at least allow me to print tomorrow.

I am your customer and I am totally upset about this whole thing. I did what I was told to do. I was told to update every day or so with the new 6.0. When my automatic update did not work before I was told to do it manually. I did this and my system shut down. I could not print and lost a day, literally.

I am very disappointed in the whole process. I was cool for the 1st week or so with the 6.0 bugs. I did run a test and once we went live we had some minor issues but this was the end of January. We fixed the PO problem and had some minor stuff, but we kept working.

This thing today was a total tech/developer mess-up. No way in the world that update should have been released.

I am ranting because Dydacomp has failed me and my company and anyone else who is having problems with MOM 6.0. You charge me $2500.00 to upgrade at the end of the year and the tell me to test it because of bugs. 6 weeks have past and it is still full of bugs and with no end in site.

Then to top it off, you guys pointed me to Harvey years ago and now you are not even working with them. Boxshare has not worked for me since we started 6.0. Every single order leaving the building is not hand-keyed until Harvey gets it fixed. I know this is not “Your Problem” but “you” made a change and did not involve a vendor which you referred me to.

Harvey had no idea MOM was moving to a new version of Fox Pro. These are things that affect small business, not you guys. Very, very bad judgment and planning on Dydacomp's part.

I am really a MOM fan, but right now I could recommend MOM 6.0 to anyone. This was a major mistake and was obviously a way to rake in revenue with new features but inadvertently costing small business (Dydacomp's base) money in downtime.

I am worth at least $100.00 an hour and I can document it. So lets say now my 15-20 hours over this mess is $1800.00 to be fair. $700.00 in payroll today, $2500.00 on the 6.0 upgrade which has been a huge waste thus far and of course a lost day. Hard to calculate a lost day. Not a total loss because the orders can mostly go the next day. So lets go with $1000.00 in the red for the lost day (being really fair here) I am at least $6000.00 in the hole here because of bad decisions on Dydacomps part.


Some one needs to be fired here. Apologies issued to customers like me. Refunds and credits need to be issued. This is that serious.

I put my faith in your company and you have taken advantage of that by selling me something not ready for market. Hell, it would have been a risky beta test at best.

Dydacomp has run a decent program thus far, and I have been happy with them even with the occasional glitch, but MOM 6.0 should be recalled until it is ready for market.

If you want to employ me for all these beta testing headaches, we can work a deal, but I need a response on this, not just "Upgrade at own risk aditude" I did not spend this much money for that. This was not a beta test, this was a $2500.00 upgrade and your company should have been ready.

As I am sure you guys are truly embarrassed by such a joke of a release, I do feel as a customer that you owe me something. If you would like to determine what that is and get back to me, I am OK with that.

I look forward to your response


Irv


Lisc. XXXX




To be continued ....

#2 Tom

Tom

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Location:Kansas City

Posted 23 February 2007 - 10:46 AM

It's been several weeks since you posted. Did you get any response from Dydacomp?

Best,
Tom

#3 Mr Defense

Mr Defense

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Berkeley Springs, WV

Posted 23 February 2007 - 11:24 AM

Yes, but it did not say much. No offer to do anything for my time etc.
In fairness to Dydacomp, I will post the response message below.
Also for the record, this post was in limbo on this site because I somehow posted it to a restricted area on 2/8/07. It was posted here today 2/23/07 even though the original post date is marked 2/8/07.

Irv



It's been several weeks since you posted. Did you get any response from Dydacomp?

Best,
Tom



#4 Mr Defense

Mr Defense

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Berkeley Springs, WV

Posted 23 February 2007 - 11:41 AM

To clear a few things up, the original post to MOMFAQ was not posted on this site until 2/23/07. I posted it to a restricted area and thought it was lost and pretty much forgot about it. Today an Admin from this site found it and posted it.

In fairness to Dydacomp I am posting their response to my email:


Dear Irv Miller:

I certainly understand your frustration with this part of the software and I want to assure you that everyone is working hard on making the necessary changes.

Rather than get into a finger-pointing contest with one of our most trusted partners, let me assure you that we are working closely with Harvey so that a suitable solution can be delivered as quickly as possible. We are also in the process of further addressing how to best communicate and coordinate with these third parties upon the pre-release of such a major upgrade that also has database changes. In fact, Harvey will potentially release a beta patch by Wednesday of next week, February 14, 2007. I supplied your contact information to their support staff so they can contact you directlty, regarding the release of this patch.

As much as it was disheartening to hear of your current situation, your positive words about your use of the software is an indication of the process that we successfully employ to work through any reported issues. Indeed it seems that you've been through this process before in 2003 when upgrading from M.O.M. version 4.0 to M.O.M. version 5.0. While any pre-release version of the software will have issues, our ability to resolve a reported issue speedily is part of our strength. Overall, we are very encouraged by the response that we've been receiving about the feature set and the functionality of the M.O.M. 6.0 software and it is being used in production by scores of clients to run their daily operations.

Of course we will continue to work with you and are giving this matter the highest priority. A senior member of our staff will keep you updated. You are welcome to contact me or any other member of the Dydacomp team when we can be of further assistance.


Regards,


Albert Realuyo
VP/Product Development
Dydacomp



Many bugs and errors have happened since then. Dydacomp has been working with me daily to resolve them. There were many small things that I send errors on and hear nothing and then the next update they are corrected. An email to let me know it was corrected would be swell, but that is not happening.

After two very long weeks and many hours of wasted time, I think we may be leveling out with the program. I am updating every day and (knock on wood) for the last two days I have not seen an error. Of course it is only 2:30 on Friday :-)

So maybe there is light at the end of the tunnel. If I can go a week without errors I will post here and say I think 6.0 is ready. We are heavy users and we put it to the test.


Irv

#5 Mr Defense

Mr Defense

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Berkeley Springs, WV

Posted 23 February 2007 - 02:22 PM

Spoke too soon! 3:33 got my 1st error in 2 days. We are making progress, I think things are getting better.

Irv

#6 workuseonly04

workuseonly04

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Toronto, ON

Posted 12 May 2007 - 09:36 AM

Spoke too soon! 3:33 got my 1st error in 2 days. We are making progress, I think things are getting better.

Irv


How has everything worked out? We're debating the switch as the discount offer expires at the end of May.

Thanks,
KJ




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users