• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Iceboxjar

Iceboxjar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 03:00 PM

I've posted this in the report forum as well but thought I would post here as well in the hopes of finding an answer.

Is anyone using RR or Crystal Reports with ODBC Connections and MOM 6.0?

I ask because they don't seem to work and neither do ODBC Connections to Harveysoft or Access... Dydacomp says "not our issue" so looks like those of us who upgraded without being told these things don't work are stuck...

I believe this could be a simple configuration issue but no one seems to be able to resolve it

Any Ideas?

#2 Videoflicks2004

Videoflicks2004

GLOBAL MODERATOR

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 241 posts
  • Interests:~ DVD ~ BLUE RAY ~ HD DVD ~ HOLOGRAPHIC DVD ~ Quantum Computing.

Posted 07 February 2007 - 05:58 PM

I've posted this in the report forum as well but thought I would post here as well in the hopes of finding an answer.

I ask because they don't seem to work and neither do ODBC Connections to Harveysoft or Access... Dydacomp says "not our issue" so looks like those of us who upgraded without being told these things don't work are stuck...

I believe this could be a simple configuration issue but no one seems to be able to resolve it

Any Ideas?

Hi Iceboxjar,

I've been waiting 4 weeks for a response to my request to purchase MOM 6 from Dydacomp. I spoke to a couple of not so keen reps who promised to call me back for a demo. As of today, I haven't heard a peep.

I'm not surprised that Dydacomp told you it isn't their issue.

Please keep the forum posted on your ODBC progress.

Best,

Videoflicks2004
David Narciso
Ecommerce Operations Manager CVS Inc

[email protected]

mobile: 4168238175

DISCLAIMER: Always backup your MOMWIN folder before attempting to perform any updates, testing, etc. Once you blast the data away it's gone forever.
My advice is based on my 8 years of experience with MOM and Dydacomp. If you are not comfortable with data manipulation then hire someone who is.

#3 Mr Defense

Mr Defense

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 06:17 PM

I have an answer for you. They are no longer compatible. MOM 6.0 uses Fox Pro 8.0 I believe. Much different than the last version. So guys like us are SOL until Harvey fixes it. Harvey found out on 1/31/07 when myself and one other person called in to say we upgraded and boxshare is no longer working. I know how to configure the ODBC Connections and I did. No luck. Dydacomp does not care even though 5 years ago they pushed me to Harvey for a complete shipping package. You would think they would talk maybe a little right? This is a major thing. Harvey told me about a week 8 days ago and no end in site. They have to change a lot of coding to make it work.

I said this already tonight, anyone thinking of upgrading to 6.0 needs to wait until the bugs are fixed, and this includes Harvey if you use it.

Irv

Any Ideas?

#4 jwurunner

jwurunner

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 06:22 PM

I have an answer for you. They are no longer compatible. MOM 6.0 uses Fox Pro 8.0 I believe. Much different than the last version. So guys like us are SOL until Harvey fixes it. Harvey found out on 1/31/07 when myself and one other person called in to say we upgraded and boxshare is no longer working. I know how to configure the ODBC Connections and I did. No luck. Dydacomp does not care even though 5 years ago they pushed me to Harvey for a complete shipping package. You would think they would talk maybe a little right? This is a major thing. Harvey told me about a week 8 days ago and no end in site. They have to change a lot of coding to make it work.

I said this already tonight, anyone thinking of upgrading to 6.0 needs to wait until the bugs are fixed, and this includes Harvey if you use it.

Irv

When we called about Harveysoft not working, the DydacompTech support rep was quite surprised at the issue. We also have a lot of ODBC custom integration with our website and other programs, so we were quite upset to find out nothing works anymore...

I second the do not upgrade warning.

#5 Mr Defense

Mr Defense

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 09 February 2007 - 03:11 PM

There may be a light at the end of the tunnel. I spoke with Harvey techs today and they expect a beta release next Wed. or Friday at the latest. This is the only good news I have had in days.

Irv

#6 Mr Defense

Mr Defense

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 17 February 2007 - 07:58 AM

Well it looks like Harvey has been doing a work around. After better than 2 weeks with no OBDC functionality, Harvey got me the beta version at 5:00 p.m. on Friday 2/16. I installed it and Harvey is now talking to MOM 6.0's boxshare.dbf file.
Monday will be the test. I hate to say it, but I think all the 3rd party vendors and custom OBDC integration will need to be reworked to work with Foxpro 8.

Irv

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users