5 replies to this topic

#1 interwoven

interwoven

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 23 September 2006 - 06:29 AM

Hi. Is there a way to print just the tracking number in a customer notice? I tried %%BOX->TRACKINGNO and although it does display the tracking number it displays the wrong one. It seems to display the tracking number for the order following the order I am on. I am trying to implement clickable tracking links in the ship notice we email to customers. Thanks for any help.

Brian
Hanks Clothing

#2 Videoflicks2004

Videoflicks2004

GLOBAL MODERATOR

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 241 posts
  • Interests:~ DVD ~ BLUE RAY ~ HD DVD ~ HOLOGRAPHIC DVD ~ Quantum Computing.

Posted 01 October 2006 - 03:34 AM

Hi Hank,

I setup a tracking number on an order and generated a quick email notice:

October 1, 2006

Re: Order Number: 467900

Dear Linda ,

Z10293905-2-2--

WEB ORDER

I got the correct tracking number to show. Are you doing this in batch notices or with an outside app?

Best,

Videoflicks2004
David Narciso
Ecommerce Operations Manager CVS Inc

[email protected]

mobile: 4168238175

DISCLAIMER: Always backup your MOMWIN folder before attempting to perform any updates, testing, etc. Once you blast the data away it's gone forever.
My advice is based on my 8 years of experience with MOM and Dydacomp. If you are not comfortable with data manipulation then hire someone who is.

#3 interwoven

interwoven

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 02 October 2006 - 03:30 AM

Hi Videoflicks,

I was generating the notice from the order entry screen and will be generating them from the batch order screen when done. It's really wierd that when I do it it shows the tracking number of the order following it. If there is no tracking number on the order following the one I am creating the notice for it shows none. I think I'll re-index and try it then although that seems like a little more critical error than re-indexing would fix but I'll give it a shot. Thanks and let me know if you have any other suggestions. If you can't help I am afraid no one can :)

Brian
Hanks Clothing

Hi Hank,

I setup a tracking number on an order and generated a quick email notice:

October 1, 2006

Re: Order Number: 467900

Dear Linda ,

Z10293905-2-2--

WEB ORDER

I got the correct tracking number to show. Are you doing this in batch notices or with an outside app?

Best,

Videoflicks2004

#4 Videoflicks2004

Videoflicks2004

GLOBAL MODERATOR

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 241 posts
  • Interests:~ DVD ~ BLUE RAY ~ HD DVD ~ HOLOGRAPHIC DVD ~ Quantum Computing.

Posted 02 October 2006 - 03:32 PM

Hello,

I appreciate the vote of confidence. May I ask how you load the tracking information into MOM?

Also, don't forget to back up before you re-index. I have lost many valuable bits of info because of the reindex process.

Best,

Videoflicks2004
David Narciso
Ecommerce Operations Manager CVS Inc

[email protected]

mobile: 4168238175

DISCLAIMER: Always backup your MOMWIN folder before attempting to perform any updates, testing, etc. Once you blast the data away it's gone forever.
My advice is based on my 8 years of experience with MOM and Dydacomp. If you are not comfortable with data manipulation then hire someone who is.

#5 Cleaveland Aircraft Tool

Cleaveland Aircraft Tool

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 November 2006 - 09:02 AM

I just tried the %%BOX->TRACKINGNO bit and I too had the tracking number for the next order number returned. Anyone find a solution for this that works yet?

I use http://www.iship.com/trackit/track.asp in my notices as it will work from most carriers and I would love to tag on: ?T=1&Track=%%BOX->TRACKINGNO

Thanks,
Mike

#6 interwoven

interwoven

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 01 December 2006 - 07:59 AM

Ok I did get this to work in a really roundabout way but the end result is the customer can press a button and track their package from within an email...in most cases.

I had to use the UPS Online tools integration to track orders by reference number. MOM enters the order number as a reference number with UPS. The first thing you would have to do is sign up for UPS Online tools and get a developer key and some other info. There appears to be no charge for that. The code I used is below:

<FORM method="get" action = "http://wwwapps.ups.c...ng/OnlineTool">
<INPUT type="hidden" size=25 name="ReferenceNumber" value=" %%order# ">
<INPUT type="hidden" name="SenderShipperNumber" value="your shipper number">
<P> <P><INPUT type="submit" name="submit" value="Track this package if shipped UPS">
<INPUT type="hidden" name="UPS_HTML_License" value="your license number">
<INPUT type="hidden" name="UPS_HTML_Version" value="3.0">
<INPUT type="hidden" name="TypeOfInquiryNumber" value="R">
</FORM>

There is some limitations to it as submitting forms from an email is not the best method. You also have to be sending html emails as ship to notices. It won't work in MSN or Hotmail email accounts as they strip all the form tags from the email. It doesn't work with AOL emails either but that comes as no suprise. It did work in yahoo and gmail but popped up a box asking if you wanted to submit info to an outside site. It worked in Outlook and Thunderbird.

Couple of notes if you want to try this. The %%order# has to have a space after the first quotes and before the second. If you remove those spaces it will not work. Also you have to use the Form method="get" action for a form to work from an email. If you place this form on your website then you need to use "post" in place of "get".

I don't know if this will help anyone but I wanted to share it just in case it might help someone. I am sure it's not the best method but I am going to start sending emails today with it and if any problems arise I will let you know.

Thanks and if anyone sees any potential problems let me know and thanks for the suggestions.

Brian
Hanks Clothing

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users